How tall are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5'2"..........weight........I'll plead the fifth on this one and just say I weigh what I am suppose to.

Here is what I would say to one of my own kids if they were to write what you have:
As for the short comment. From someone that grew up being one of shortest girls in her class and hearing all the jokes......the short remarks hit a sore spot. I'm secure in my height now as an adult but that was a bitter time in my life. Its nothing I think of till someone makes a negative comment about someone and the memories flood back.
Please keep this in mind for future reference when meeting new people whether their short, tall, slender, heavy or of a different race. We all have issues about our bodys that we have wanted to change so be a little sensitive and don't point it out so boldly. Even those we see as perfect don't feel perfect.

<--------There I am :)

buckytom said:
Originally Posted by Mylegsbig
6' 225 lbs and no that is not me in my avatar

ditto....:)

I dunno, I think that avatar looks a LOT like you, Bucky! :-p

John

Take a guess.:LOL:
50-woman.jpg

5'10 at 130

Did anyone happen to see the little snippet of Jimmy Kimmel where he has ladies stepping on a scale (they don't know this) and asks them to tell their weight.... he was demonstrating that most females deduct an average of 20 lbs from their true weight when asked. :huh:

urmaniac13 said:
Hey Gobo, even though Mish is a dead ringer for Bo Derek, better watch out so you won't be squished under her foot...

:LOL: I hated when John forgot to pick up my strappy new sandals.

Last edited:
As for the short comment. From someone that grew up being one of shortest girls in her class and hearing all the jokes......the short remarks hit a sore spot. I'm secure in my height now as an adult but that was a bitter time in my life

I got picked on alot too. Still do. But most of the things people said were funny comments. Someone I know stands next to me and rests his arm on my head and calls me his armrest lol.

SizzlininIN said:
I'm secure in my height now as an adult but that was a bitter time in my life. Its nothing I think of till someone makes a negative comment about someone and the memories flood back.

Please keep this in mind for future reference when meeting new people whether their short, tall, slender, heavy or of a different race. We all have issues about our bodys that we have wanted to change so be a little sensitive and don't point it out so boldly. Even those we see as perfect don't feel perfect

I'd like to add... Even if we've addressed our body "issues", we still know how it felt before. Emotional hurt or damage inflicted by others never really goes 100% away. And keep in mind that it's not just name calling or verbal and physical abuse. It's laughing and eye-rolling, too.

I'm 5'5" & my hubby gets mad when I wear heels because they make me taller than him!:LOL:

Z, I agree 100%. I was the butt of many jokes growing up & it still hurts today.

crewsk said:
I'm 5'5" & my hubby gets mad when I wear heels because they make me taller than him!:LOL:

The poster is still growing up. I know I said a lot of things at 18 that make me cringe now...we all learn :)

I too am taller then my husband in many of my heels, it used to make me feel worse than him, now we are both kind of used to it. Only thing I miss is that in heels I can't walk home with my head on his shoulder, so I walk back barefoot often, lol!

I'm 5"2, and I just love my height. Though it can add to the trouble of finding a well fitting pair of pants (which don't require a tailor), I adore my height a lot and was not upset when I peaked at it around the 8th/9th grade.

5'4", 112 lbs.
I was always the second shortest in my class and it never bothered me a bit! I like my size.
Piccolina, we're in the same boat! I have such a hard time finding pants that fit without being hemmed! However, do try the White House/Black Market Store. I've had luck there.

jkath said:
5'4", 112 lbs.
I was always the second shortest in my class and it never bothered me a bit! I like my size.
Piccolina, we're in the same boat! I have such a hard time finding pants that fit without being hemmed! However, do try the White House/Black Market Store. I've had luck there.

Good to know that I'm not alone! If I can find something with a 28/29" in-seam and am wearing heels, I'm usually okay, but it seems like the average length on womens pants is about 31". I've never heard of that chain of stores - are they is the States only?

Actually just this week I treated myself to a new pair of pants from Reitmans, they're "petite" and luckily don't need any alterations. I certainly need more pants though, especially as we head into fall.

I have the same problem with pants, the petite's sometimes are to long..I have learned though that each designer has his or her own ideas as to lenght of pants..Some will be pefect, others I'd need stilts to wear them. I refuse to pay a hundred bucks for a pair of dress pants or even good jeans and then have to lop off 12 inches:LOL:
kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom