How to explain to a 4 year old...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BT,
I send you and the little guy hugs and good thoughts and prayers..I know you all are hurting now..I wish there were more I could do for you and the family..I do know your son will be comforted by you and your wife..Cling together that helps sooth the pain..and eases all the unhappiness..
kadesma

So sorry, Bucky. I was holding out hope that she would make it, but it appeared that the pain & suffering might have been worst.

Please accept my condolenses during this most difficult time, and I hope that your son can be consoled as well.

thanks everyone.

i keep thinking of her little face, and kissing her goodbye. i'm going to miss her purr, and her constant head-butting affection. especially when we put our son to bed.

i hope her spirit is ok, and in a happy place.

I know what you mean buckytom. I have gone through the same thing with the loss of Mr. Frodo a couple weeks ago. I didn't have to go through the heartbreak of telling my child about it though. I don't envy you that.

One of our outside cats (they are both female, and are both scared to death of us*) had kittens a couple months ago. I finally saw the babies the other day and managed to get them (they weren't happy!) and bring them in. They hide behind the furniture most of the time, and they hiss every time I reach for them, but once I am holding them they seem to like being held and petted. One is definitely a male but I'm not sure about the wigglier of the two. Even though they don't look anything like him, I am sure they are Mr. Frodo's children. They are orange tabbies like their mom. Having them has helped ease the loss of Mr. Frodo somewhat.

:)Barbara
*P.S. It's funny--our two female cats are scared of us, but they will come in the house to eat (one more than the other). The orange one hasn't come in much since we got Cubbie, but the calico (Scarlett O'Hairy) comes in just long enough to eat and then leave (the neighbors put food out so they get most of their food there). When Mr. Frodo was alive, she would lay at my feet with him, but if I tried to touch her she would run.

BuckyTom, my heart goes out to you and your family . I know what is like to lose a beloved furbaby. Also know how it is having to give Sub Q's , I had to do that for 3 cats, (now gone)
((hugs))
LadyCook

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom