How to go out in style!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
This woman has a lot of chutzpah! Better than my idea for my tombstone "I Wish I'd Eaten More Chocolate"

BmNnsfgIIAAPW5F.jpg

"Socialite Mickey Easterling passed away at 83 last week, but that didn’t stop her from attending her wake as she would have attended any other party on her roster: with a glass of champagne in one hand and a cigarette in the other."

If that's the way the old gal WANTED to go out, then kudos to her. Who are we to judge?

Though admittedly it does creep me out....

Last edited:
I saw this on TV the other day and I agree with AB. If she has a family, I wonder how they feel?

I doubt if the woman worried about how her family would feel. :) OR maybe they already knew and approved.

If she was a piss-cutter in life then why not go out as one? :LOL:

Perhaps an old fashion Irish Wake would suit more people though. I know two people who don't want the traditional gathering at the widow/widowers home, sad faces and all, and will put money aside for them to go to a local bar and have FUN and remember them. To each his own.

I doubt if the woman worried about how her family would feel. :) OR maybe they already knew and approved.

If she was a piss-cutter in life then why not go out as one? :LOL:

Perhaps an old fashion Irish Wake would suit more people though. I know two people who don't want the traditional gathering at the widow/widowers home, sad faces and all, and will put money aside for them to go to a local bar and have FUN and remember them. To each his own.

A friend's grandmother in her late 90s decided it would be no fun having a wake when she was no longer around to enjoy it so she staged her own in the church hall with copious amounts of food, drink, music, dancing, etc., paying for it with the money she'd saved up for her funeral. Everyone including her had a whale of a time and said it was the best send off they'd ever been to. She died in her sleep a couple of months later. She'd left her body to the teaching hospital to be used as they saw fit so there was just a small service of thanksgiving at church to celebrate her life

I rather think I'd like to do something like that for myself.

A friend's grandmother in her late 90s decided it would be no fun having a wake when she was no longer around to enjoy it so she staged her own in the church hall with copious amounts of food, drink, music, dancing, etc., paying for it with the money she'd saved up for her funeral. Everyone including her had a whale of a time and said it was the best send off they'd ever been to. She died in her sleep a couple of months later. She'd left her body to the teaching hospital to be used as they saw fit so there was just a small service of thanksgiving at church to celebrate her life

I rather think I'd like to do something like that for myself.

Another woman after my own heart!

Back
Top Bottom