"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: Things that impress women the most
Guy playing with children 15 42.86%
Guys that cook 20 57.14%
Guys that play guitar 5 14.29%
Guys that like animals 16 45.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #111
Master Chef

my hubby drives me nuts on the getting ready situation......I'm low maitenance, too........in fact I'm quite cheap.........and I'm always ready to go.........I slow myself down just for him and then he has the nerve to question why I"m holding HIM up.........the urge to kill

Old 10-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #112
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
my hubby drives me nuts on the getting ready situation......I'm low maitenance, too........in fact I'm quite cheap.........and I'm always ready to go.........I slow myself down just for him and then he has the nerve to question why I"m holding HIM up.........the urge to kill
So tell me, how do I transfer some of those "low mainitenance" and "ready to go" characteristics into my DW? She is so consistantly late (It doesn't matter what the event is, and it drives me crazy!) that I have informed her that if she goes before me, I am going to make certain that she is late for her own funeral.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #113
Senior Cook

Just wanna say, in regards to the poll? I vote for a man who CLEANS UP, and I mean the dishes/house! Hee!

But, seriously - it's kind of hard to say... I admire musical aptitude, have been known to swoon over a good meal, but a man/person who can give love & attention & show patience with animals and children is HUGE....
Old 10-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #114
Chef Extraordinaire

lots of good advice, from both planets here.

the best being that there are no general rules. if there were, women would just change them on the fly.

for whatever reason (that lies deep within my psyche, cursing me forever) i've never dated a low maintenance woman. and none of them were on time for anything. you just get used to it, and adjust accordingly. no amount of trickery, nor karats tied to a string will ever change them.

to quote the great archie bunker, patience is a virgin. you've gotta have patience, or you'll always be a virgin...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #115
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
If it weren't for hubby I would be on time. I am usually ready to go somewhere way ahead of him. He takes so long to get ready. I don't even wear makeup , have wash and wear hair , don't blow dry hair. If we have to go somewhere at a specific time, I don't tell him the actual time of the appointment, I tell him we leave by such and such time , and yet.. we still leave later than I want !
Old 10-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #116
Master Chef

I can tell ya, flubbed acrobatics doesn't impress them. However, goofy acrobatics can. Let me explain. I once went running with this gorgeous young lady on Coronado Beach in Southern California. We ran about a mile and she started getting a bit winded. I was young and strong, and at that point of my life had boundless energy. I suggested we turn around and head back to the blanket. About 50 feet or so from our blanket, I sprinted. Upon reaching the blanket, I did a forward flip and landed on my back in what was to be a perfect back-fall, like I had learned and used countless times in Judo. But in the sand, my footing was a bit off, and so my timing was a split second off. I stuck the landing but knocked the wind out of my lungs. I lay there unable to breathe, just praying that my lungs re-inflated before she reached the blanket. They didn't and when she gasped something like "That was amazing", all impressed with my stunt, I could barely get out a whisper to say thank you, exposing my mistake. She didn't seem to mind, but I was so embarrased.

On the other hand, I did a cartwheel in a hallway at work, allowing pens, a tiny flashlight, and couple bits of paper to fall from my shirt pocket, while a couple of younger female co-workers was walking toward me. The stunt had the desired effect of causing them to bust out laughing, almost uncontrollably. They giggled for a couple of months every time they saw me after that. Mind you, I was about 47 years of age when I did the cartwheel, and had a bit of a tummy, but was still in fair shape. Oh, and I wasn't flirting. I was trying to make someone's day a bit less dreary. It really wouldn't have mattered who was in the hallway. I had it planned before I hit the hallway. It was great fun.

So, don't be afraid to be a cornball. But don't try to show off.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #117
Executive Chef

If your guitar playing is from the heart and not just trying to impress then I would be impressed. Like what was said before, be yourself and be sincere....if she is not impressed then you are much better off without her!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote