How to impress women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Things that impress women the most

• Guy playing with children

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Guys that cook

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Guys that play guitar

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Guys that like animals

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Somehow I think we all end up "marrying our dads" in some ways. James is very different from my dad in most ways, but there is one thing he does just like him, and it drives me nuts. They both wait until it is almost time to leave (I'm talking 10 minutes here), and then they take their showers and start getting ready! Infuriating!

:)Barbara

We are SO efficient that we do not need any more time then that! :LOL:

Oh, this is funny! I'm what anyone would call a low-maintenance woman. I tell hubby, "Please let me know 20 minutes before you want to leave." He will still say "OK, let's go at 6". OK. Then at 5:30 he'll ask if I'm ready yet. I look at him and swear. Hey, I'm LOW MAINTENANCE NOT none at all! Even I have teeth and hair and clean clothes!

Be yourself. Be sincere. Don't try too hard or shower her with flattery, but take time to observe what is special and unique about her - you'll figure out how to let her know that you like her. Strive for happiness in your heart - it will shine outward and we will notice! These are good general rules for relating to ALL people, not just a romantic interest. It's so hard to say what will impress women in general across the board - my gosh, we're all SO different! There's no real magic formula that works on ALL women, so don't try too hard to try to figure "us" out - we're not a mathematical equation. (bowling shirt said it simply and effectively - I guess I am babbling...)

my hubby drives me nuts on the getting ready situation......I'm low maitenance, too........in fact I'm quite cheap.........and I'm always ready to go.........I slow myself down just for him and then he has the nerve to question why I"m holding HIM up.........the urge to kill

my hubby drives me nuts on the getting ready situation......I'm low maitenance, too........in fact I'm quite cheap.........and I'm always ready to go.........I slow myself down just for him and then he has the nerve to question why I"m holding HIM up.........the urge to kill

So tell me, how do I transfer some of those "low mainitenance" and "ready to go" characteristics into my DW? She is so consistantly late (It doesn't matter what the event is, and it drives me crazy!) that I have informed her that if she goes before me, I am going to make certain that she is late for her own funeral.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Just wanna say, in regards to the poll? I vote for a man who CLEANS UP, and I mean the dishes/house! Hee!

But, seriously - it's kind of hard to say... I admire musical aptitude, have been known to swoon over a good meal, but a man/person who can give love & attention & show patience with animals and children is HUGE....

lots of good advice, from both planets here.

the best being that there are no general rules. if there were, women would just change them on the fly.

for whatever reason (that lies deep within my psyche, cursing me forever) i've never dated a low maintenance woman. and none of them were on time for anything. you just get used to it, and adjust accordingly. no amount of trickery, nor karats tied to a string will ever change them.

to quote the great archie bunker, patience is a virgin. you've gotta have patience, or you'll always be a virgin... ;)

If it weren't for hubby I would be on time. I am usually ready to go somewhere way ahead of him. He takes so long to get ready. I don't even wear makeup , have wash and wear hair , don't blow dry hair. If we have to go somewhere at a specific time, I don't tell him the actual time of the appointment, I tell him we leave by such and such time , and yet.. we still leave later than I want !

I can tell ya, flubbed acrobatics doesn't impress them. However, goofy acrobatics can. Let me explain. I once went running with this gorgeous young lady on Coronado Beach in Southern California. We ran about a mile and she started getting a bit winded. I was young and strong, and at that point of my life had boundless energy. I suggested we turn around and head back to the blanket. About 50 feet or so from our blanket, I sprinted. Upon reaching the blanket, I did a forward flip and landed on my back in what was to be a perfect back-fall, like I had learned and used countless times in Judo. But in the sand, my footing was a bit off, and so my timing was a split second off. I stuck the landing but knocked the wind out of my lungs. I lay there unable to breathe, just praying that my lungs re-inflated before she reached the blanket. They didn't and when she gasped something like "That was amazing", all impressed with my stunt, I could barely get out a whisper to say thank you, exposing my mistake. She didn't seem to mind, but I was so embarrased.

On the other hand, I did a cartwheel in a hallway at work, allowing pens, a tiny flashlight, and couple bits of paper to fall from my shirt pocket, while a couple of younger female co-workers was walking toward me. The stunt had the desired effect of causing them to bust out laughing, almost uncontrollably. They giggled for a couple of months every time they saw me after that. Mind you, I was about 47 years of age when I did the cartwheel, and had a bit of a tummy, but was still in fair shape. Oh, and I wasn't flirting. I was trying to make someone's day a bit less dreary. It really wouldn't have mattered who was in the hallway. I had it planned before I hit the hallway. It was great fun.

So, don't be afraid to be a cornball. But don't try to show off.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

If your guitar playing is from the heart and not just trying to impress then I would be impressed. Like what was said before, be yourself and be sincere....if she is not impressed then you are much better off without her!:)

Back
Top Bottom