How to impress women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Things that impress women the most

• Guy playing with children

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Guys that cook

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Guys that play guitar

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Guys that like animals

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Honesty, Sincerity, Faithfullness are the top 3.
A man needs to have a good sense of humor, love to have fun, have a good job, not rich, just have a steady job. Like animals and kids.
Anything above that is extra points. Love the person you're with.

Hmm, you and andy seem to be on the same page. I love to have fun if i can afford it.

I have found that (almost universally) women like a guy who is self-assured. Yes, definitely, be yourself... but don't be a wimp. You can be sensitive and responsive to a woman's needs without losing yourself in her. Have interests and don't be all "whatever you wanna do is fine... whatever you wanna have for lunch is fine" etc, etc. Make and own your decisions. If you act like you like yourself it will make it easier for others (women and men) to like you, too.

So you think if a guy plays a song for you, that would be impressive. Sweet action.

One of the many reasons that I fell in love with hubby is that he's spend hours playing the piano and singing to me. Yep, music does it.:);):);)

Musician = poor. Unless you are Eric Clapton, possessing both his skill and bank account, playing guitar isn't likely to impress. I like a guy who cooks. At least with someone who cooks, you know he'll be of help.

Things that impress women the most
Guy playing with children-interacting with them, sure.
Guys that cook-with me or better than me would be cool.
Guys that play guitar--depends on how good they play, if it is aweful, no thanks.
Guys that like animals--as pets or for dinner?

Men are all different and none of the above matters if they are 'good at heart', kind, thoughtful, caring...

The problem with a poll like this is that you could have 500 people vote and say that guys who cook is the ultimate thing, but the person you are interested in will be her own person and she might just possibly not care one bit that a guy cooks. Each person is an individual so a poll like this really will not tell you anything other than what the people here think about themselves. If you are looking to date on of them then that might help you out a little, but if the person you are interested in is not participating in the poll then it is pretty useless IMO.

I agree. I was just trying to find things that are universal for each women and i think i found them. There is the top 3 and then the whole Be yourself and not fake.

Women_evil.jpg

IMO, the best way to impress a woman is to cook for her. Invite her over, offer a glass of white wine, a cosmo, or other "womens" drink while you put the finishing touches on dinner. It doesn't have to be fancy, just done well. Canned ravioli is out. Refuse any offer of help, and talk to her all the while, and LISTEN Most women are so used to doing for others, that they love to be catered to. Any dissenting opinions, please post.

Switching sides here.
My sister-in-law's husband once told me that on his second date she invited him over and cooked him dinner. That dinner impressed him so much so that he knew right then and there that this woman was the one to marry. They've been married 26 years.

For me, it's definitely "guys that like animals". First & most importantly, I've always lived with a zoo of critters around me, so a guy who doesn't like animals would never make it with me. Secondly, I'm not a child-lover. Thirdly, music is a really personal thing, so being serenaded by guitar would probably make my eyes glaze over. Fourthly, since I LOVE to cook, all I'd need would be a guy who LOVED to eat - lol!!!

So the animal thing would be the only point that would really be important to me - & luckily I found it!!! :)

Musician = poor. Unless you are Eric Clapton, possessing both his skill and bank account, playing guitar isn't likely to impress. I like a guy who cooks. At least with someone who cooks, you know he'll be of help.

ROFL - I will have to respectfully disagree. We're not talking about a career in music here, the guy just plays the guitar. It impresses me because you have taken the time to learn something and are good at it. And then again, maybe I'm just easily impressed :glare:

LT - there's nothing wrong with playing the guitar. My BIL sits around in the evening and plays his guitar and it's nice to listen to. He doesn't expect you to sit right there with him - he plays because he enjoys it. We can carry on about what we are doing. He is our background music.

OK - you could PM me these if you want...what are the things you do that other people say girls hate?

All of the above and add in.... looking me in the eyes when I'm talking.

you said a mouthful, pds! You'd have to be really, really good at guitar to impress me with that. Not so much with the cooking. Mine washes the dishes. Now THAT is impressive, imho!:LOL:

well, I'm a dancer, so I would suggest you take dancing lessons! It is darn hard to find a decent male dancer. And dance classes usually have more females than male learners.

Wow, there is a lot of advice here! I agree with a lot of it. Some, not so much.

The most important thing is to be yourself. If cooking, or guitar playing, or whatever is what you like to do, then do it. On the other hand, trying something that you know she likes, even if you are a bumbling idiot when you try, can be appealing to some women, as they see that you are trying to impress them.

Just seeing a guy play with kids (or animals) wouldn't do it for me unless I saw that it was something that came from his heart (not just as a ploy to trap a woman).

Having similar interests is always good, but don't worry if you don't like everything she likes and she likes everything you like. You don't necessarily have to have all the same interests, but you should have some, and you do have to support her in her interests (and she needs to support yours).

Someone mentioned not letting her help out. That would be true for some women but not true for others (some have a real calling to be helpful).

In other words, as you were already told, all women are different and all men are different. You sort what you can out before marriage, then you spend the rest of your life together trying to figure each other out. That's actually part of what keeps a marriage young and vibrant!

And remember Matt, love comes at the most interesting times, and usually when you are not expecting it. Relax, and remember that His timing is perfect.

:)Barbara

iu luv a guy who can handle kiddos. sooooo adorable!!! my buddy is madly in love with jake- she says he's so cute, & she almost swooned when he kept her baby from trying out a flight of stairs. her daughter loves jake cause he brought her a container of cake mix cookies. he's great with tots; his Mom had a baby when he was 23 so he's familiar with babies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom