How to impress women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Things that impress women the most

• Guy playing with children

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Guys that cook

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Guys that play guitar

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Guys that like animals

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
ok props to me

(((PAT))) (((PAT))) (((PAT))) on my back.

Ultimate husband right here.

Cooks, cleans, vacuums, paints, does the car things, fixes things, does the romantic things, takes care of my lady, shopping etc.... and I do windows.

The wife knows it and that couldnt make me happier.

(I just always believed in being self efficient and self dependant. If you want it done right do it yourself)

I can only say what impresses me, LT, but it's the little things that speak to your character. I notice when a man shows kindness and consideration for others. I notice simple courtesy. I notice how a man treats his parents. I notice when a man listens to me and to others when speaking. I notice when a man tries to take interest in things or activities his woman is interested in.

Here are some examples: Treating waitstaff with courtesy at a restaurant. Going to a musical concert he's not particularly interested in. Treating children and the elderly with respect. Visiting and calling his parents on a regular basis. Being kinder than necessary to all he meets, especially those having a rough time. Those things tell me about the man he is and will likely be the rest of his days.

Of course, if he can curl my toes with a kiss - that's icing on the cake!!!!:)

well, I'm a dancer, so I would suggest you take dancing lessons! It is darn hard to find a decent male dancer. And dance classes usually have more females than male learners.

yeah my friend is a ball room instructor with his wife at BYU Utah and i asked him if he would teach me a dance or two. he said no problem. Dancing is not my favorite thing to do BUT i am willing to learn so that on my future weddin night, i dont look like a fool. But i have to be dating a girl first and i dont even have one picked out. LOL

Women_evil.jpg

LOL, the sticker on my rear window of my pt doesn't say Super evil:ROFLMAO::LOL:, but, it's close!!

It's hard for me to answer the questions in poll....all of them could be impressive but also, all of them could be staged ploys with no depth of character, either.

What impresses me? Sincerity, courage, equality, humor, openmindedness, humility, thoughtfulness. If you are going about trying to impress someone, you're on the wrong path. Impress yourself and others will naturally follow.

I knew this thread was going to turn into this.:LOL: Everyone is different and everyone is motivated by some, none or all of the poll questions. Have you thought of just becoming a Trappist Monk and not have to deal with all the emotional, touchy-feely stuff. Boyz and girls are different...end of conversation.

Time for a Bourbon and branch water (before I stick foot deeper into mouth).

My boy is dying to use the computer, so I wasn't able to read all the chat, but here's my take:
Don't try to impress. Just be you.
Remember, you're the only YOU there is.
Can you imagine trying to be someone you're not, and the perfect girl sees that and thinks you're not "the one"?

That would be a bummer for sure.

dh tried to impress me on our first date.
He showed me his brand new mustang. I didn't care - I'd had a mustang in high school and to me, it was just a car.
He had a Raiders sticker on it. I didn't care because I knew nothing about football (at the time)
What impressed me was when he started talking about his work. He was passionate about it. It was a career, not a job, but it was what he loved to do. His eyes lit up when he talked about it.

Bottom line: speak about what you are passionate about. If she couldn't care less, she's not your girl.

oh, and one more thing: fwiw, my cousin married the guy she met on eharmony.com
She said it's the best thing that's ever happened to her.

What gets my attention is a quick wit that makes me laugh. Hard to find.

I look for the deeper stuff later.

Lee

I've never understood why you guys seem to have such a difficult time trying to "woo" us.. It's been said many times, but i'll say it anyways.. Just be yourself! What works for one girl, probably won't work for the next... be true to yourself, be faithful, and honest, and you won't have any troubles.. :)

How about a guy just being himself instead of putting on a show to impress?

I am sort of amazed to see playing guitar on the list. Having played for many years, that one is a bit lost on me. Most of the musicians I have known have had, shall we say, "issues".

Anyway, being considerate would be my first thought at what would impress. By considerate, I don't mean polite, but rather just consider a partner's view in everything.

Skills can impress a person but anyone who hangs a relationship on them is going to find the road rather bumpy.

You need a click of personalities, not to mention a hint of chemistry. When I think about a potential partner, I wonder how we would survive together should some serious health matter or injury or the like affect one of us. Without a physical aspect perhaps to complete the mental or vice versa.

I know that with my ex, we had a lot of things in common both in personalities as well as in likes/dislikes, not to mention points of opposition where we had to learn to compromise. We also had a good chemistry and a need to just be in each other's presence. And now that I have had kidney failure, even with the transplant, I know that I could never ever get back with him cos I know that despite all of the above, he will not be the person I might, and probably will, need in the future.

Learn skills because you want to learn them. Not for anyone else.
Change because you want to or need to. Not for someone else.
Be happy. Happy people are attractive to others.
Be good natured for the same reason.

And be as open as you can to all the possibilities out there. Some will work and some won't, but if you aren't open to them, then who knows what (or who) you might miss.

Love often comes when you aren't looking for it.

That was a difficult selection, but I chose cooking because in the long run, that's what most women admire in my husband. The children work when a woman's clock is ticking, but being cute around children is no guarantee that you'll be a good father. guitars and animals? Guess it depends on the gal. He doesn't cook as much as he used to, but he can still charm a room full of people when he pulls out the pasta machine and does it from scratch. And my nephew recentlly called to thank me for some cooking pointers because it revved up his social life.

Question for the ladies here at DC or any lady, or any one who wants to inlightin me.

If a guy plays the guitar for you, does that make him more attractive or impress you at all. Hmm, maybe impress is not the word im looking for. Im just curious. Im trying to find the RIGHT things to say to a girl rather than the wrong things. Im also trying to find what impresses them. There has to be a universal principle for women.

Thanx all

you want to impress me......I've been married for 35 years and my hubby is not handsome or a hunk but what impressed me was the way he interacted with his mom ..........if guys respect the women in their lives they will respect you, too.........the women at my husband's office call him the "godfather" they love him so much........throw out the gd guitar and get back to the basics...........:):)

I chose Play Guitar and Cooking.

I also love a man who is confident in himself and not trying to be something he's not, just to impress me. It just so happens that I'm a sucker for a man with a guitar (not that my DH plays, but I still LOVE it), and I do like it when guys are a bit olf fashioned and open doors for me and all that.

Honestly, just be yourself and you'll be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom