How to impress women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Things that impress women the most

• Guy playing with children

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Guys that cook

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Guys that play guitar

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Guys that like animals

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
yeah my friend is a ball room instructor with his wife at BYU Utah and i asked him if he would teach me a dance or two. he said no problem. Dancing is not my favorite thing to do BUT i am willing to learn so that on my future weddin night, i dont look like a fool. But i have to be dating a girl first and i dont even have one picked out. LOL

You don't have to be dating a girl to take dancing lessons. You can pick up a partner at the dance class...and I have seen many a poor, awkward male dancer at their wedding...better get those feet shuffling..:LOL:

You don't have to be dating a girl to take dancing lessons. You can pick up a partner at the dance class...and I have seen many a poor, awkward male dancer at their wedding...better get those feet shuffling..:LOL:

I mean im not even dating a girl so i shouldnt be planning any wedding stuff.,

you want to impress me......I've been married for 35 years and my hubby is not handsome or a hunk but what impressed me was the way he interacted with his mom ..........if guys respect the women in their lives they will respect you, too.........the women at my husband's office call him the "godfather" they love him so much........throw out the gd guitar and get back to the basics...........:):)
LOLOL, Ok will do..

I've never understood why you guys seem to have such a difficult time trying to "woo" us.. It's been said many times, but i'll say it anyways.. Just be yourself! What works for one girl, probably won't work for the next... be true to yourself, be faithful, and honest, and you won't have any troubles.. :)

Because isnt wooing what we are supposed to do by nature? LOL or is that not true.

LT.......let me clue you in.......women want a husband.........stop being the stud.......they don't want that.......remember you are the one who asked what they wanted......that's what they want and a husband who cares about them........

LT.......let me clue you in.......women want a husband.........stop being the stud.......they don't want that.......remember you are the one who asked what they wanted......that's what they want and a husband who cares about them........
I stopped being the stud along time ago when i noticed nothing happened from it..

Here's my take on women, for what it's worth.

1. I've been around for 53 years today, and have had the opportunity to learn much, to make mistakes, and injoy successes, and so have a bit of wisdom to share (though of course, I have just scratched the surface of this particular subject, as have all of us.).

2. Women are far more like men that society would have us believe, and we are far more like women in the same way.

That being said, let me explain. There are differences to be sure. We think slightly different. Women remember dates, times, and events better than we do, especially when a crisis develops. That's just the way it is. On the other hand, men tend to think more linearly than do women. That means we generally have the ability to stick with a problem longer, and therefore solve them more often, which makes us valuable in the work place. But then again, women are generally better at multi-tasking than are men. Women are more nuturing as a group. Women are more empathetic. A guy who sees a child with a minor cut or abrasion is likely to say to the child something flippant like (It can't hurt that much. I can't feel it.) in an effort to divert the child's attention away from the pain and replace tha pain with humor. That usually doesn't work well for a child, though it works great for a man with a minor cut or abrasion. We tend to ignore pain better than do women.

But women can help comfort the child, diverting the child's thoughts with caring love and tenderness. Is either better or worse? Not really. both attempt to do the smae thing but in different ways. Also, a man's response is usually better for teens and up, while a woman's response is better for a child, and for those who really need a sympathetic ear.

As for other aspects of women, the part where we are more alike than different, women love to feel good about themselves, just as we men do. We all need a pat on the back every now and again. And if you help your woman freind feel better about herself, then you are considered a valuable relationship. Women love humor, jsut as we do. But remember, the woman tends to look for less raunchy humor, something that is a little more cerebral, though not in all cases (my wife for instance). Women love the truth, and most importantly, integrity. If you are honest, and honest in your dealings, you are way ahead of the game. As was said in previous posts, be true to yourself. If you can cook well, then make her a meal. If she loves music, and you are musically inclined, engage her in a duet, or write her a song. If you are a motorhead, let her know, and if she's interested in the subject, offer to let her help, or even take the lead on a project. If she loves arts and crafts, introduce her to tying fishing flies, while you take a serious look at whatever craft she enjoys. And above all, respect her in every way.

Find out what she's interested in, and if you have similar or same interests. Build on those interests with her. In a good relationship, neither partner is the "boss". Both partners are part of a united team, working to help the other member feel as good as they can. But it must be understood by both parties that no two people see everything the same way, or have the same tastes in everything. There are usually multiple resolutions to every challenge, with most of them being valid resolutions. So just because she doesn't agree with your methodology for fixing a problem, it soesn't mean that you are more right or less right than she is. Come to value different points of view, and encourage her to do the same. Then you can always work together to find solutions to problems.

Always, always, always, put her needs before your own. And she should do the same, that is, put your needs before her own. That takes selfishness out of the equation and nearly garuntees success.

So, in summary; be honest and sincere; understand that you have inherent differences; that you have similar needs; that you are a team; that you look for common ground; that you try to become selfless; that you work to build each other up, and never, never tear each other down. Respect her. And should the chemistry be right, love her impliciltly.

There is something to be said for abstinance before marriage. That act screams to the world that you respect this woman beyond freindship, beyond the norms of society, but that you respect her enough to wait until you give yourself completely to her through marriage. Adn marriage is a contract that says to the world that you are devoting yourself to her, and her alone, and that no other thing is as important as is that relationship.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Here's my take on women, for what it's worth.

1. I've been around for 53 years today, and have had the opportunity to learn much, to make mistakes, and injoy successes, and so have a bit of wisdom to share (though of course, I have just scratched the surface of this particular subject, as have all of us.).

2. Women are far more like men that society would have us believe, and we are far more like women in the same way.

That being said, let me explain. There are differences to be sure. We think slightly different. Women remember dates, times, and events better than we do, especially when a crisis develops. That's just the way it is. On the other hand, men tend to think more linearly than do women. That means we generally have the ability to stick with a problem longer, and therefore solve them more often, which makes us valuable in the work place. But then again, women are generally better at multi-tasking than are men. Women are more nuturing as a group. Women are more empathetic. A guy who sees a child with a minor cut or abrasion is likely to say to the child something flippant like (It can't hurt that much. I can't feel it.) in an effort to divert the child's attention away from the pain and replace tha pain with humor. That usually doesn't work well for a child, though it works great for a man with a minor cut or abrasion. We tend to ignore pain better than do women.

But women can help comfort the child, diverting the child's thoughts with caring love and tenderness. Is either better or worse? Not really. both attempt to do the smae thing but in different ways. Also, a man's response is usually better for teens and up, while a woman's response is better for a child, and for those who really need a sympathetic ear.

As for other aspects of women, the part where we are more alike than different, women love to feel good about themselves, just as we men do. We all need a pat on the back every now and again. And if you help your woman freind feel better about herself, then you are considered a valuable relationship. Women love humor, jsut as we do. But remember, the woman tends to look for less raunchy humor, something that is a little more cerebral, though not in all cases (my wife for instance). Women love the truth, and most importantly, integrity. If you are honest, and honest in your dealings, you are way ahead of the game. As was said in previous posts, be true to yourself. If you can cook well, then make her a meal. If she loves music, and you are musically inclined, engage her in a duet, or write her a song. If you are a motorhead, let her know, and if she's interested in the subject, offer to let her help, or even take the lead on a project. If she loves arts and crafts, introduce her to tying fishing flies, while you take a serious look at whatever craft she enjoys. And above all, respect her in every way.

Find out what she's interested in, and if you have similar or same interests. Build on those interests with her. In a good relationship, neither partner is the "boss". Both partners are part of a united team, working to help the other member feel as good as they can. But it must be understood by both parties that no two people see everything the same way, or have the same tastes in everything. There are usually multiple resolutions to every challenge, with most of them being valid resolutions. So just because she doesn't agree with your methodology for fixing a problem, it soesn't mean that you are more right or less right than she is. Come to value different points of view, and encourage her to do the same. Then you can always work together to find solutions to problems.

Always, always, always, put her needs before your own. And she should do the same, that is, put your needs before her own. That takes selfishness out of the equation and nearly garuntees success.

So, in summary; be honest and sincere; understand that you have inherent differences; that you have similar needs; that you are a team; that you look for common ground; that you try to become selfless; that you work to build each other up, and never, never tear each other down. Respect her. And should the chemistry be right, love her impliciltly.

There is something to be said for abstinance before marriage. That act screams to the world that you respect this woman beyond freindship, beyond the norms of society, but that you respect her enough to wait until you give yourself completely to her through marriage. Adn marriage is a contract that says to the world that you are devoting yourself to her, and her alone, and that no other thing is as important as is that relationship.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

In my little time with women, i have learned that they dont always want a solution to fix the problem, rather they are venting and want you to listen. Stonewalling is infact one of the worse things a man can do to a women. For me, that comes naturally. When i am mad or frustrated, i tend go to silent and dont want to talk. BUT i am fixing this.

I have learned that their needs always come first, then yours. I am not perfect and i imagine my future wife will understand this as we are both two imperfect people working together to achieve the same goals.

Even though i am not interested in scrapbooking, i know i would enjoy it more and show interest in it if my wife had it as an interest. There is something about the way a female can create the most amezing looking art out of pictures and words. I do tie flies so i can teach her as well.

I respect motherhood tremendously because of my own mother and the things she has done for me. I have had to take care of her since i was young because of her illness. So i grew up pretty fast. When i see a young women around my age taking care of her younger brothers and sisters, i actually really enjoy it. For some reason i am really attracted to girls who are great with children. Maybe its because thats what i am supposed to be attracted to.

i agree with the abstenace before marriage as well. I was taught that as a child and all threw my teen years. Respecting a women and her body is very important to me. To treat her as a piece of meat and as an object is a selfish gesture to me..

I know that reading books is no where near the real thing, but i have read a couple and they did have some very very helpfull information.

really, hahaha........I believe you

yeah, i was tired of not being able to be myself around certain girls. Its crazy, every girl that i dated, i remember all their birthdays. I am great with memorizing dates.

Right now im in the stage of finding my true self.

Thanx goodweed of the north, great info, will try to remember it all. oh and happy birthday today, if thats what " I have been around 53 years today" means

napoleon_dynamite.jpg

"Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills. You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills."

Just be friends..... really.
"click" with each other....
Dh and I were best of friends before anything else happened... not that neither of us didn't like the other as more than friends.... it took a LONG time for us to decide we were supposed to be together. And knowing each other so well, we weren't wrong.
Don't impress.... on purpose. Be you. That will impress the right woman no matter what.
:)

Nice Goodweed, do you have a single brother? :LOL:

I think women in their 20's and 30's want something different than women in their 40's 50's 60's etc. Women that are of childbearing age look to survival, so some kind of job with a future, and attractive, so the children will be attractive (if they plan on children).
Women after childbearing age don't have to worry about the hereditary part and sometimes they are even self supportive, so they are looking for a good person.

I do agree though with NAchef, that certain skills are nice for the guy to have, like car fixing (I had a flat tire this morning and had to go to a shop), skills to help take care of a house are always nice, some hobbies the guy likes so he gives her a little private time for herself to pursue her hobbies, and general kindness of the heart. Somedays I even like my boss because of the way he talks so sweetly about his wife and I can see he loves her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom