Howzat!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyles

Head Chef
I just had to share this with someone, Australia has one the first Ashes test!!! :ROFLMAO: I am so happy happy happy happy!!!! The boys at work (I live in England and the Ashes is the big cricket series between Oz and England) were all being mean to me this week :mad: As at one stage it looked like the Aussies were in trouble.

But I get the last laugh :LOL: It finished one day early, England all bowled out!!!

Now 90% of you have no idea what I am on about but that doesn't mean you can't share my joy :-p:mrgreen:

Hoooooray Kyles...I never pays to try and rub someones nose in something, they teased you , and now it came back to BITE them:LOL:

kadesma:LOL:

Kinda makes sense, but doesn't matter - what matters is that those bullies were put into their place!

Congrats to you!

YESSSS!!!!!! How could you doubt we would win??????? WE ROCK!!!!! Join with me as we sing come on aussie come on!!!
I truly understand Kyles, its a shame we lost the rugby to South Africa but at least we beat the poms!!
:):):):)

jkath said:
<<singing a song I don't know, but that's okay, I'm singing with you>>

It's actually more of a <<chant>> so don't try to put too much melody and haromony with it :ROFLMAO: .

My thoughts and prayers have been with you this week, Kyles.

Please remind the boys at work to enjoy their glory while it lasts, as they'll only have the Ashes for about 18 months. We'll be back.

Seriously though, the 'Poms' did play an excellent series and deserved the win. IMHO I found it refreshing to see a closely fought series, and enjoyed every match. I take no pleasure in seeing the English side beaten 4-1.

If you cant beat em, join em, Kyles. Join in the party! :)

Well, my Aussie pals have all been very, very quiet on the topic :cool: My husband is a cricket fan - and so is my sister in Aus. She was crowing after the first test match... she went very very quiet on emails after Sunday's result.... She was so sure that they were going to be beaten by the Aussies that she was really over-the-top in her predictions to my husband.

Whenever England play football at international level (soccer to some of the rest of the world), they take delight in using a Scottish football chant, which goes, 'Bonnie Scotland, Bonnie Scotland, we'll support you evermore, we'll support you EVERMORE' (tune is rubbish, but words fire up the players!) but changing the words slightly and sing to the opposition 'Are you Scotland in Disguise' (cos they think they beat us all the time!) Interestly, the English supporters were singing that with those very words to the Aussie supporters! :mrgreen: Goodness, AussieG and MrsMac - what on earth are Australia going to be able to boast about now...? I mean, nasty ol' England have taken your World Rugby title AND the Ashes, all in one year (oh and my husband tells me that the English WOMEN's cricket also won against Australia this summer!)

Now, I do hope you know that, as a Scot, I am a totally unbiased bystander in this matter.:mrgreen:

We will just have to come home, lick our wounds and return bigger and better next time!!
There is a lot of talk here now about team changes and people being dropped so it will be interesting to see what happens. There is even talk about making Shane Warne captain.

No... Shane Warn is 36! You need to be looking for younger, fitter guys! Shane is very, very popular here in the UK (or so my husband tells me, until the test series, I didn't even know who he WAS!!!) - but he and another player (wish I had a head for names) are both retiring from international cricket, and we will not see them here in the UK again (booh hooh!)

My sister has gone very, very, very quiet..... :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom