HRMs (home replacement meals) - why do you buy them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
i was trying to catch up, thumbing through lots of recent posts when i saw this thread which i found very interesting.

lots of good perspectives and opinions.

i found barbara's comment about restaurant's existing to serve us (rather than vice versa) to be spot on. if a restaurant fails, it's because the food or service wasn't equal to what the customers expected, and/or their location was their demise.

also, except for the most top scale restaurants, i've never heard of one that did not offer take out. there are certain exceptions, such as korean or mongolian bbq (the experience of cooking or choosing your own food, respectively, IS why you go there). now, some restaurants offer a reduced menu for takeout, but i can't see why one would refuse additional business.

in any case, i don't see a problem with any food type business offering hrms, from grocery stores to places that specialize in take out, but unless you know exactly how the food was prepared, it should be viewed as another type of fast food. as in the old wisdoms of buyer beware, and all things in moderation.

Love your opinion BT. You are spot on in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom