Hubby wore 2 different shoes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I never noticed :LOL: . We went shopping today, and when we came home , hubby noticed he had 2 different shoes on, style and color, one black and one brown. :ROFLMAO:

I haven't done that, but one time I realized (too late) that I was wearing red pants and bright orange socks. :-p

:)Barbara

no he is a retired 71 yr old truck driver.
I was just wondering because my husband regularly wears non-matching socks and has occasionally gone out in mis-matched shoes. It used to mortify me but since then, I've learned that this is common amongst engineers. Apparently truck drivers, too!

Or is he a scientist or by any chance a math professor? Oh my, a retired truck driver. Me I have only one color socks - always in match, I think:ermm:
:LOL::LOL: I tried to get him to go along with that concept - one color and one style. Unfortunately he's also cheap and has very poor fashion sense. If he finds a package of lime green, ankle cut socks on sale, there's no way he's passing that up! His solution when I used to really rag on him about this was to go without and tell people "My wife won't let me wear socks."

Ive gone out with slippers on before, and frequently with odd socks, but never one of one shoe and one of another!

What are you all laughing about! It's not funny (jest kidding) to laugh at us absent-minded people---I wore one black loafer and one dark blue loafer once---it was dark in my closet and I didn't notice until I sat down on the bus seat and lifted my legs. But in broad daylight it was obvious they were two different colors. And that was 15 years ago---I can't begin to tell you where the brain cells are today. ha!

What are you all laughing about! It's not funny (jest kidding) to laugh at us absent-minded people---I wore one black loafer and one dark blue loafer once---it was dark in my closet and I didn't notice until I sat down on the bus seat and lifted my legs. But in broad daylight it was obvious they were two different colors. And that was 15 years ago---I can't begin to tell you where the brain cells are today. ha!

Now, I know why your avatar is barefooted, expat. :LOL: j/k

Thanks for the giggle, LadyCook. :)

Ok, you stand in line behind Amy, FM, I'm not going to forget you either. Hahaha!

I remember reading somewhere that Einstein (no, I'm not comparing myself to him in the remotest sense) used to invite people over for dinner and when the doorbell would ring he'd answer the door in an old lab coat, peer at them quizzically and ask "Vat do you vant?"

:) A few years ago I went on a girl trip to Santa Fe I was in such a hurry to get ready and not really that inebriated. We walked the 6 plus blocks to a restaurant I had on a a pair of flat backless shoes and during walk I could not understand why the shoes were so uncomfortable at the restaurant I noticed I had my shoes on the wrong feet. The walk back was so much better. :LOL:

:) A few years ago I went on a girl trip to Santa Fe I was in such a hurry to get ready and not really that inebriated. We walked the 6 plus blocks to a restaurant I had on a a pair of flat backless shoes and during walk I could not understand why the shoes were so uncomfortable at the restaurant I noticed I had my shoes on the wrong feet. The walk back was so much better. :LOL:
I thought expatgirl was bad but on the wrong feet, JP????? I think you'd better start memorizing her Einstein story.:LOL:

I thought expatgirl was bad but on the wrong feet, JP????? I think you'd better start memorizing her Einstein story.:LOL:
:) Yep, I could not believe I didn't notice it was the shoes. Any way all the girls and me had a good laugh at my expense. I was just so relieved the walk back felt normal.

Somehow related, I was doing my regular shopping and went into the restroom for a "visit." When I dropped my drawers I realized I'd put my underwear on wrong side out. These particular panties look almost identical right and wrong, so I wasn't too surprised at my mistake. At least I didn't put them on backwards.:ohmy:

Somehow related, I was doing my regular shopping and went into the restroom for a "visit." When I dropped my drawers I realized I'd put my underwear on wrong side out. These particular panties look almost identical right and wrong, so I wasn't too surprised at my mistake. At least I didn't put them on backwards.:ohmy:
The only thing I can say is maybe ya'll should go barefoot and commando.:-p (OK, I'm poking fun but the only reason I always have my shoes on the right foot is that they are thong flip-flops so you can't wear them on the wrong feet. Hmmm, maybe that would help you Katie. I think it would be hard to put thong underwear on the wrong way.)

Back
Top Bottom