"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I'm not a huge TV watcher, but my wife and daughter enjoy a number of television programs on Hulu+. I've also used it to catch up on episodes of series that I've missed.

Like others have said, Hulu+ is not great for movies. I use Amazon for movie watching.
How fast are those episodes available? Same week?
I would be a good candidate for a DVR, but they would have to rewire everything and I don't want that. I'd love a place to catch the end of something I missed.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
How fast are those episodes available? Same week?
I would be a good candidate for a DVR, but they would have to rewire everything and I don't want that. I'd love a place to catch the end of something I missed.
On most things I think they are pretty quick. Also, if you miss something you can often go to that network's site (NBC seems to be the best about it) and watch shows you have missed.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
Executive Chef

for a weekly show, i'm quite sure you have to wait until the next week to see it on hulu or one of the network sites. if it is like one of those late night shows that run nightly during the week, you can catch up with it the following day....
Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
for a weekly show, i'm quite sure you have to wait until the next week to see it on hulu or one of the network sites. if it is like one of those late night shows that run nightly during the week, you can catch up with it the following day....
Same thing with reality shows. CBS doesn't let you watch many of their shows online (we were very surprised when they had the Christmas episode of Hawaii Five-O online just a few hours after it aired), but their reality shows (Big Brother, Survivor, etc.) show a few hours after airing.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

I've tried to find a few weekly shows online to watch, even on hulu's website, but like Vit mentioned, they usually weren't available until after the next one aired. Too late then, as I already would know what happened if I watched the current episode.
I thought perhaps having a subscription would allow quicker viewing.