Huluplus--what's good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitauta

Executive Chef
i don't know what i did before dc, how i got along.:) it seems i'm constantly bringing questions, seeking help from my dc family.

one of my favorite christmas gifts this year is a subscription to huluplus. i know i'm going to enjoy the heck out of it, but right now i don't know where to begin. there are so many shows, movies, cooking vids, youtube, documentaries--all this stuff--too much STUFF--to wade/browse through.

what i would love to get from you folks, are a few of your favorite things to view on huluplus. a couple of ideas from each of you would be a big help in getting me started. thank you in advance....:)

Last edited:
We watch all kinds of shows on Hulu Plus. There are a couple shows we like on Syfy (Warehouse 13 and Alphas), but since we don't get that channel we watch them on Hulu Plus. We watch a lot of old shows, and if we miss episodes of certain shows (like Once Upon a Time) we watch them there. Between Hulu Plus and Netflix streaming, we don't even miss cable or satellite (much). :cool:

thanks, barbara! i will be taking a look at the shows you mention. i've been meaning to tune in to once upon a time, but haven't yet found where it is on. i hope huluplus takes me way away from the tv. last year, when we switched over to the digital system, my tv didn't work for some four months. i didn't miss it a bit after the first few days. well, except for the summer olympics. that's when i finally caved. after all, i couldn't NOT see the olympics, could i....

Last edited:
You're welcome! Once Upon a Time is on ABC Sunday nights at 8:00EST/7:00Central. I think you can catch up on all the shows (at least for this season) at abc.com if they don't have them all at hulu. We bought the first season on DVD and will buy this season when it is available, as we love it so much. We are also buying the other two shows I mentioned, as they become available. Have fun exploring hulu!

I'm not a huge TV watcher, but my wife and daughter enjoy a number of television programs on Hulu+. I've also used it to catch up on episodes of series that I've missed.

Like others have said, Hulu+ is not great for movies. I use Amazon for movie watching.

i just took a look at damo. one episode is going to run long--practically, a full length movie. are korean soaps much better than ours? they would almost have to be....:)

I'm not a huge TV watcher, but my wife and daughter enjoy a number of television programs on Hulu+. I've also used it to catch up on episodes of series that I've missed.

Like others have said, Hulu+ is not great for movies. I use Amazon for movie watching.

How fast are those episodes available? Same week?
I would be a good candidate for a DVR, but they would have to rewire everything and I don't want that. I'd love a place to catch the end of something I missed.

How fast are those episodes available? Same week?
I would be a good candidate for a DVR, but they would have to rewire everything and I don't want that. I'd love a place to catch the end of something I missed.
On most things I think they are pretty quick. Also, if you miss something you can often go to that network's site (NBC seems to be the best about it) and watch shows you have missed.

for a weekly show, i'm quite sure you have to wait until the next week to see it on hulu or one of the network sites. if it is like one of those late night shows that run nightly during the week, you can catch up with it the following day....

for a weekly show, i'm quite sure you have to wait until the next week to see it on hulu or one of the network sites. if it is like one of those late night shows that run nightly during the week, you can catch up with it the following day....
Same thing with reality shows. CBS doesn't let you watch many of their shows online (we were very surprised when they had the Christmas episode of Hawaii Five-O online just a few hours after it aired), but their reality shows (Big Brother, Survivor, etc.) show a few hours after airing.

I've tried to find a few weekly shows online to watch, even on hulu's website, but like Vit mentioned, they usually weren't available until after the next one aired. Too late then, as I already would know what happened if I watched the current episode.
I thought perhaps having a subscription would allow quicker viewing.

Back
Top Bottom