Hurricane Dolly + DC Members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks again. The eye of the hurricane has hit South Padre Island. We are still okay here in Mission. We've had light rain and wind for a couple of hours now but nothing heavy. Thankfully, we still have electricity. It looks like the hurricane is heading in a northerly direction towards Willacy County.

We're still okay in our area. Thank you Jill. We haven't had any blackouts, thank God. We've had lots of rain and stronger winds after 5:00 p.m. We are not flooded yet but 9 inches of rain is expected.

Dina, please check in again. I'm 300-400 miles east of you. We're getting much needed rain as the results of "Dolly".

On your behalf, I wish it would all just go away!

Thank you all so much for your prayers. We are all okay, including my parents, brother and sister and their families. Our area was not affected much but maybe a few uprooted trees and plants. We didn't even lose electricity, thankfully. I didn't report last night cause I decided to turn off the desktop in case of a power outage. We had very strong winds and about 3.5 inches of rain. I am just very sad for the residents that got flooded (we're talking feet of rain) in Harlingen, South Padre Island and Brownsville. No major injuries have been reported and I hope they're able to clear the floods and debri fast enough so everyone's back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom