I actually thought meeting jkath would be cool, but -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
- as it turns out, it was! She is an awesome lady. My girlfriend and I met up for a few drinks (and a little food) with jkath and her husband last night at Margaritaville, on the balcony with a great view of the Strip. It was a wonderful evening with lots of laughs and getting to know one another on a 'real' basis (she has the photos so you'll have to wait until she gets back for that).

Both jkath and Mr jkath were really cool folks to hang with (or is that 'with whom to hang'? LOL).

Sounds like you have a great time. Too bad everyone seems to live miles and miles away from me......I'd love to meet you guys in person.

SizzlininIN said:
Sounds like you have a great time. Too bad everyone seems to live miles and miles away from me......I'd love to meet you guys in person.

I feel the same way.... Not many of us here in the Seattle area. :(

z isn't she great ? i had the pleasure of talking to her on the phone several times. i'd love to meet her in person. sounds like you guys had alot of fun !

pdswife said:
I feel the same way.... Not many of us here in the Seattle area. :(

pds - how far away is Seaside, Oregon? I'll be there visiting my sis for a week - August 23 - August 30. I don't think we'll have access to a car but if we do is there a good roadtrip meeting point?

I have met Alix and her hubby and I thought that was cool...nerve racking though cuz you never know if you are getting what you THINK your going to get....

Im glad you guys met and had a good time

There's not much chance of me meeting any of you.... even Kyles is in the neighbouring country, ie England!

Ishbel said:
There's not much chance of me meeting any of you.... even Kyles is in the neighbouring country, ie England!

Try being here!! Perhaps we could have a DC get together in a central spot of the world ! Wonder where that would be?
Glad you met jkath, Z, she does sound nice (although so does everyone on this board)

mrsmac said:
Perhaps we could have a DC get together in a central spot of the world ! Wonder where that would be?

Hmmm... maybe the same bar where jkath and I were. Here's the view from our seats.
228Bellagio-Caesars.jpg

kitchenelf said:
pds - how far away is Seaside, Oregon? I'll be there visiting my sis for a week - August 23 - August 30. I don't think we'll have access to a car but if we do is there a good roadtrip meeting point?

It's about 5 hours from here if I do the speed limit.
Which I don't... I always drive much slower. lol.. I'm a wimp. It sure would be nice to meet you!!! SeaSide is a
great little town. If you do have a car be sure to drive south from there about 30 minutes to Cannon Beach. It's a beautiful little town. Seaside is more for kids while Cannon Beach is a little more grown up. :)

tancowgirl2000 said:
I have met Alix and her hubby and I thought that was cool...nerve racking though cuz you never know if you are getting what you THINK your going to get....

Im glad you guys met and had a good time

HEY. What does that mean??? :LOL:

It means you were EXACTLY what I expected silly!!! I didnt get to the game and find some ol long haired wrinkly man with ten earing in his face! It means it was nice meeting you and getting what I wanted(ooo that sounds wierd)...it means you are AWESOME!!!

Anything else?:ermm:

jennyema.......I'm about an hour west of Indy......right on the Indiana/Illinois border in a small town named Covington

Back
Top Bottom