I almost died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, you may have just saved another heart attack Pac. I've had it in the back of my mind that I should quit smoking and Mac appears to be quite a bit younger than me from his "Post a Picture of Yourself thread" and I just noticed the smoke in his avatar. I showed Mrs D this thread and we agreed we are off tomorrow to pick up a couple of ecigs. No time like the present.
Thanks Pac.
img_1338660_0_76efcb14f0b40192b1a6498d452ce623.gif

Had my MI at age 50...I had quit smoking the day before. Good luck with the quit. Holler in PM if you need suggestions.

Last edited:
Ecigs are the best thing that ever happened to me RD....Feel free to pm me if you need any support.
Thanks Kay, I will. I think Mac, and thanks to Pac for the suggestion, has scared me straight. I'm pretty close to 60 and would sure like to make it to retirement.

Those Ecigs look pretty cool. I've been feeling like smoking again just to buy one of those kits, lol.

Ecigs are the best thing that ever happened to me RD....Feel free to pm me if you need any support.

My sister and a friend both quit with ecigs. I need to be more vigilant with them too, I can last for hours at the airport with an ecig.

OH NO! I am so very sorry, Mitch. Please do everything the doctors tell you and be sure to take very good care of yourself!

You're in our thoughts, Mitch. I am so glad you are still with us!

With love,
~Cat

Thanks Kay, I will. I think Mac, and thanks to Pac for the suggestion, has scared me straight. I'm pretty close to 60 and would sure like to make it to retirement.

My DH has a heart attack in 1993. We both quit smoking cold turkey and neither have had a cigarette since. I was very tempted, but neither of us wanted to be the one who went back to it. I am very glad today that we did it, especially with the price of cigarettes.

Just don't smoke the next cigarette.

doesn't sound too good, Mitch.. I think the pain on your chest is an agreeable thing when you consider the alternative....
Hope you get well soon and can have a long life!

I haven't been around for the last week, because I had a heart attack a week ago, and spent 4 days in the hospital. I have no memory of the event or the first 3 days I was in the hospital. It's good to be alive.

The paramedics gave me CPR...saved my life, but broke the hell out of a bunch of my ribs...I haven't been able to sleep, because no position I tried to sleep in bed didn't cause me pain. I actually tried sleeping my desk chair last night. That didn't work

Fortunately, I saw my primary care doctor today and he prescibed me some pain meds, and they are working well...so I can sneeze without almost blacking out from the pain. :) Looking forward to a good night sleep tonight.

Mitch
Do take care and do what the Doctor tells you until you'r better.

Back
Top Bottom