I Almost got a Job :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

college_cook

Head Chef
I went to an interview this morning, I was going to geta job as a baker in this local bakehouse, and everything went really really well. The way the management talked to me sounded like I was basically hired, but they still had another interview to conduct.

Of course who comes in for the final interview? A lady with 25 years of experience baking.... BAH!!!! I know she'd be better for a job, but I just wish they gave her a job in management or something, and let me work the $7/hour position.

Oh well, the manager said they liked me, and especially liked my enthusiasm... and are keeping my application on the top of the stack they say. Hopefully something good comes of this.

Sorry, just needed to vent a little

Tell them we'll never go there again!:-p

Seriously, I have seen many, many people get hired after they didn't the first time. Many employers really do keep those apps on the top of the pile. It saves them a lot of grief.

So keep your chin up.

Ahhh College cook- I wish they gave you a chance.I am just wondering why someone with 25 years expierence is taking a 7/hr job??? Maybe there is something better for you on the horizon with better pay too!!

Something better is just around the corner. Don't you just hate it when people tell you that? I did when that happened to me. But, just wait, you'll see, you'll find something for even more pay, or a better place. I'm sorry your so down. Try not to let it get to you too much.

Keep your spirits high! You will get your job, you'll see. Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Sorry to hear this CC, keep your chin up. Just remember they made the mistake not you. And some employer is going to find a treasure very soon YOU.

kadesma:)

Chin up my friend!!! Good things will happen! :) Keep your faith in God. He will take care of everything!!! Plus, we ALL believe in you. (((((((HUG)))))))

I have another app. in at this really nice Italian place, and I know they are hiring as well. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow... b/c I really need to find some work. College is just too expensive.

On the bright side my dad called today and I told him the story. And he said to me "You'd probably be able to apply for more jobs if you had your car with you, huh?" I said of course.... I've been trying to get him to send it to the repair shop for months now. So he said he'd get it taken in this weekend. Hopefully next week I can drive home and pick it up (SPRING BREAK WOOHOO!!!!) and then I can put in apps all over town. There's a lot of restaraunts hiring now b/c most of the staff everywhere leaves for the summer... and if I get my car back I can finally have a real shot at finding some work.

So at least one good thing is coming out of this.

Anybody here ever wait tables in a colege town? I'm guessing they're mostly bad tippers, but i always tip well, so who knows. If I could make some cash as a waiter that would definitely open up some options for me as well.

I repeat what the others have said. Keep your enthusiasm. There is nothing that will take you further. The only people who get what they want out of life are those who go out and grab it. Call the employer every now and again, not so much as to be a pest, but to let him/her know you really want to work there. That will impress them. Also, setting your sights higher may get you a better position. Don't seel yourself short. If you have skills, don't settle for just any job. Sell yourself as the cook they can't do without, the cook who can tailor his skills to what the company needs.

Keep tying and you will succeed.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the Nroth

Don't be discouraged, cc. Things are looking up already - you're getting your car back! AND spring break is almost here!! YEA!

Back
Top Bottom