I am a mom now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radhuni

Sous Chef
I am a mom of 2 weeks old baby. I was worrying unnecessarily, my daughter is normal and healthy.

I will never go for triple marker in future.

Here is my daughter's photo (she looks like her father):

DSCI0591.jpg

Congratulations! Many prayers were answered for you. I'm so glad you have a new bundle of joy in your life. She is beautiful.

Would you share her name with us?

I am curious about the spot on her forehead. Would you share the significance? I love learning about things like that.

Mazal Tov, Good Luck and congratilations.

GB it is a religious thing, you wouldn't understand. ;)

Sorry, man, I guess it is your turn for me to pick on you. ;)

Or maybe the beatiful weather just puts me in the fastive mood. ;)

Congratulations! Many prayers were answered for you. I'm so glad you have a new bundle of joy in your life. She is beautiful.

Would you share her name with us?

I am really grateful to all who prayed for me and to God for answering the prayers.

My daughter's name is Aditi, the word aditi means infinite or limitless. According to Hindu mythology Diti and Aditi are two sisters, Diti is the mother of 'Doitya' (demons) and Aditi is the mother of 'Aaditya' (gods). So Aditi is 'Devamatri' or mother of all gods and she herself is the goddess of space, consciousness, infinity and fertility. As 'Devamatri' Aditi is considered as one of the most important goddess in 'Rigveda'.

I am curious about the spot on her forehead. Would you share the significance? I love learning about things like that.

The spot is of 'kajal' or kohl. In our religion spot of kajal is applied on the foreheads of infants to avoid evil eyes. (my DH and I don't believe this but her Granny & Nanny both are insisted us for applying kajal)

The spot is of 'kajal' or kohl. In our religion spot of kajal is applied on the foreheads of infants to avoid evil eyes. (my DH and I don't believe this but her Granny & Nanny both are insisted us for applying kajal)

Stick to what her granny believes, the old people know more than we do. And the traditions of past generations are extremely important, unfortunatelly we are loosing them, the traditions, I mean.

Back
Top Bottom