I Am Adopted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cat, this happens quite often in US. It's such a shame because it is very difficult for American families to find infants to adopt. By law, if you take an unwanted baby to a hospital or police department there will be no questions asked, you will not be prosecuted, but they still leave them in trash cans, and sometimes kill them instead of giving them for adoption. I don't understand it. I am so glad that you were rescued and eventually made your way to our forum. We are very happy to have you here.

This is here too? This is a terrible thing!

Thank you! I am happy for being here! Babies are too innocent and too much of miracles for this to happen with them.

Your friend,
~Cat

I have five step-grandchildren. We made it easy and got rid of the "steps" and "adopted" labels.

My only Grand Daughter is engaged to be married. We learned this last night when we called to Colorado to make sure all are okay there.
w00t!

I assume they were all okay.

There is very much rain and floods there. I wish them to be safe!

Your friend,
~Cat

I have five step-grandchildren. We made it easy and got rid of the "steps" and "adopted" labels.

My only Grand Daughter is engaged to be married. We learned this last night when we called to Colorado to make sure all are okay there.

Wise decision. I hate the expression "step."

One time someone referred to my oldest daughter as Spike's half sister. That was the first time I had ever heard anyone say that. It never occurred to me that some of my children were "half". My youngest is also a "half" child. Which half? The top half or the bottom? The right half or the left half?

Step children. Which step? The third one from the bottom or from the top? Which flight of stairs? It sounds like depending of their status in the family which set of steps they get to use. The ones in the back of the house or the front?

"Ex" is another one. I prefer 'former'. Ex sounds like they were done away with. Wiped out. There are kinder words in our language to use. And some we don't need to be using at all.

I do hope everyone in Colorado is okay. The situation there looks grim to say the least. Isn't there one of our members saying all summer that they were in need of rain? Prayers for all of them. :angel:

Oh yes, half of them are in Florida on vacation. So far they haven't had any problems even though they live east and downstream from Boulder.

Any chance of them extending their vacation until the worst has passed? Or are they concerned about their homes? :angel:

Wise decision. I hate the expression "step."

One time someone referred to my oldest daughter as Spike's half sister. That was the first time I had ever heard anyone say that. It never occurred to me that some of my children were "half". My youngest is also a "half" child. Which half? The top half or the bottom? The right half or the left half?

Step children. Which step? The third one from the bottom or from the top? Which flight of stairs? It sounds like depending of their status in the family which set of steps they get to use. The ones in the back of the house or the front?

"Ex" is another one. I prefer 'former'. Ex sounds like they were done away with. Wiped out. There are kinder words in our language to use. And some we don't need to be using at all.

I do hope everyone in Colorado is okay. The situation there looks grim to say the least. Isn't there one of our members saying all summer that they were in need of rain? Prayers for all of them. :angel:

I have a half-sister who is much older than I am. We barely know each other. Her children are my age. The thing that makes it more complicated, she married my cousin. He was not her cousin. So her children are 100% related to me, on both their mother's side and father's side.

I have a half-sister who is much older than I am. We barely know each other. Her children are my age. The thing that makes it more complicated, she married my cousin. He was not her cousin. So her children are 100% related to me, on both their mother's side and father's side.

The only time all of this really matters is when you are building a family tree and you have to separate members by a line, or when there is a will involved. Family is family. And the door is always open. :angel:

Yes! Family is family with the door open. And I have two families now. All of you on this nice website and my family.

And I am an American! Life is so wonderful!

Your friend,
~Cat

The only time all of this really matters is when you are building a family tree and you have to separate members by a line, or when there is a will involved. Family is family. And the door is always open. :angel:

That will never be a problem in my family. When someone dies, the only thing they have to leave is bills.

Mrs Hoot has a sister in Boulder. Talked to her Friday, they are all ok but getting around is all but impossible.

I think people that adapt are amazing. I have 5 children, but do not know if I could adapt a child, I don't know if I could be as kind or as "mean" (when needed) to a child that did not come from me. I'm afraid I would treat my children better. That is why I think adaptive parents are amazing. They deserve so much credit. Cat, you are lucky to have such wonderful parents. And it is an honor that you called Us your family. We are proud to have such daughter.

Thank you very, very much! It is always good to be with my family here!

Your friend,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom