I am going to Israel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a wonderful opportunity, GB! Like Andy M, I did a fair amount of traveling to US cities when I was working, but never out of the country. Israel is certainly on my list of places to see...be sure to take lots of pictures. Since I doubt I'll ever get there (we are preoccupied now with simply traveling through Mexico, and I have to go to China every other year to see my son), I will travel vicariously with you, so remember to enjoy all the wonderful food and take pictures of it....

That is so cool GB! I hope you have a day off so you can do everything you want to. Take lots of pictures for us. You take beautiful pictures, so I can't wait to see 'em!

OK here is an update. The trip may be canceled. My boss is a jerk and this is his typical style.

Yesterday I got an invite to a meeting in Israel. I declined thinking they must have typed the wrong name in since I was never told I was going over. Then I am on the phone with someone in Israel and he says "so I hear you are coming over next month". News to me I said. Well act surprised when they tell you he says to me. A few hours later I get an email from the person who sent me the invite asking why I declined. He told me to check with my boss because I am on his list to attend. Hours later my boss sees me passing by his office and says "oh by the way that invite was not a mistake. You are required in Israel for a week. I will get you the exact dates so you can plan daycare and whatever else you need". So time passes and he never gives me anymore info. Now I ask him what the dates are and he says "IF you go then it is the 15th, but I am not sure if I am sending you yet. It is 50/50 right now".

What really gets me is that during my review last week he asked me what I expect of my manager. I told him that I expect clear communication from his regarding things that affect me and my job. He told me that was a completely reasonable request. Well I think he pretty much failed in this area so far.

This is what I should have expected from him though. he is a horrible boss.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I am on the traveling side of the 50%.

Well, if you do go, GB, it's a beautiful country with a very rich culture and history........we crossed over from Egypt to Israel and took a bus.......we bought stuff that we couldn't get in Egypt at the time which was good wine........they may have good wine now, I don't know.........if you do go just be SURE that your passport is in complete order......hope you work things out with your boss.....my hubby has run into some real airheads with way too much power, too

OK, hopefully it is not going to change again (I don't think it will thankfully), but I just got word that I AM going. It does not look like there will be much, if any, time to explore as I think we are working every day, but maybe I can go out at night if it is safe and see things then.

Thanks Ella. I am very excited. I have always wanted to go. I am just sorry my family can not come with me this time. Maybe for my daughters Bat Mitzvah we will go as a family.

Well the lens won't be fixed in time, but maybe I can borrow my FIL's lens. Even if I can't, I can still work the lens enough so that I can get some shots. Outside shots are easier than inside shots with the problem I am having so that plays to my advantage.

That's great news, GB!! Hope like everyone else you can see a bit of the city.........maybe at your lunch break (if you get one) and as you say for dinner.......be sure that passport is in total order.......we saw tourists being detained in Israel and not allowed back into Egypt because of it............take photocopies of your passport as well in case, horror of horrors you lose it..........keep your case attached to you at all times....but you probably already know all of this.........sorry if I'm sounding like a Mamma Bear:):)

HOLY COW!! I haven't been on in so long and I didn't read this whole thread but just had to say WOOHOO!!! Make sure you take LOTS of pictures GB.

GB,
just going will be an adventure..It would be nice if you were able to take your family. But, knowing you and how much you love them, you will make sure they all get a chance to go one day. you will be working, but just maybe you will get a few moments to explore and if so...I wish you the wonders of a life time..BE SAFE my friend

cj

I was supposed to go a few years ago when I started with my current company, but for various reasons they decided to postpone my trip. Well my time has finally come and I will be going next month. I am both excited and nervous, but way more excited than anything. I just hope they have built in a little free time so I can see the country.

GB's, man, I thought you had been and gone so I thought this was an old bump...

I am stoked for you, I hope also that some time is allocated for touring! Take lots of pics, I look forward to hearing of your adventure!

edit:
Well the lens won't be fixed in time, but maybe I can borrow my FIL's lens. Even if I can't, I can still work the lens enough so that I can get some shots. Outside shots are easier than inside shots with the problem I am having so that plays to my advantage.

PM me your details, I have some glass that I don't use and would be happy to send it to you.

Last edited:
Well, I'm sorry you aren't going to be able to have the lense fixed in time. I would love to see some great landscape/scenery shots, hope you can take some.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom