"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #31
Chief Eating Officer

OK, hopefully it is not going to change again (I don't think it will thankfully), but I just got word that I AM going. It does not look like there will be much, if any, time to explore as I think we are working every day, but maybe I can go out at night if it is safe and see things then.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #32
Sous Chef

Translated from Yiddish....."go in good health and come home in good health"
Mazeltov! you'll love it.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #33
Chief Eating Officer

Thanks Ella. I am very excited. I have always wanted to go. I am just sorry my family can not come with me this time. Maybe for my daughters Bat Mitzvah we will go as a family.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Yay for you!! I hope you get your camera lense fixed before you go so you can take some awesome pictures.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
Chief Eating Officer

Well the lens won't be fixed in time, but maybe I can borrow my FIL's lens. Even if I can't, I can still work the lens enough so that I can get some shots. Outside shots are easier than inside shots with the problem I am having so that plays to my advantage.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #36
Master Chef

That's great news, GB!! Hope like everyone else you can see a bit of the city.........maybe at your lunch break (if you get one) and as you say for dinner.......be sure that passport is in total order.......we saw tourists being detained in Israel and not allowed back into Egypt because of it............take photocopies of your passport as well in case, horror of horrors you lose it..........keep your case attached to you at all times....but you probably already know all of this.........sorry if I'm sounding like a Mamma Bear:):)
Old 02-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #37
Everymom

HOLY COW!! I haven't been on in so long and I didn't read this whole thread but just had to say WOOHOO!!! Make sure you take LOTS of pictures GB.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

GB,
just going will be an adventure..It would be nice if you were able to take your family. But, knowing you and how much you love them, you will make sure they all get a chance to go one day. you will be working, but just maybe you will get a few moments to explore and if so...I wish you the wonders of a life time..BE SAFE my friend

cj
Old 02-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #39
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I was supposed to go a few years ago when I started with my current company, but for various reasons they decided to postpone my trip. Well my time has finally come and I will be going next month. I am both excited and nervous, but way more excited than anything. I just hope they have built in a little free time so I can see the country.

GB's, man, I thought you had been and gone so I thought this was an old bump...

I am stoked for you, I hope also that some time is allocated for touring! Take lots of pics, I look forward to hearing of your adventure!

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Well the lens won't be fixed in time, but maybe I can borrow my FIL's lens. Even if I can't, I can still work the lens enough so that I can get some shots. Outside shots are easier than inside shots with the problem I am having so that plays to my advantage.

PM me your details, I have some glass that I don't use and would be happy to send it to you.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Well, I'm sorry you aren't going to be able to have the lense fixed in time. I would love to see some great landscape/scenery shots, hope you can take some.