I am going to Israel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, so, did i miss something?

did you ever go to israel, gb?

i read this thread from start to finish and learned so much: from travel advice, to personal opinions and experiences, to religious preferences and zeal, and obvious simpatico across the board.

so, what the heck happened my old friend?

gb, if you are reading this, i'm just relieved to see this is an old thread. a trip to israel today is quite a different matter than the one you were preparing for in 2009, gb. this is a scary world we are living in today, and sad.

Your old friend got busy with photography and FB. He's not often there either but he posts enough pictures of his kids to let us know he's alive.

I was thinking of going to Paris back in the late nineties.
Should I start a new thread so Bucky won't have to resurrect an old one?

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

who the heck cares if you head a bit south to washington county near west va., pac?

btw, you should try lurker surfing at 3am now that the brothers de fraile are gone.

it almost makes me want a postal route and a gun. ;)

who the heck cares if you head a bit south to washington county near west va., pac?

btw, you should try lurker surfing at 3am now that the brothers de fraile are gone.

Hey I thought "the brothers De Fraille" were still around!!!!!????

so, what am i, bt, 3:00am chopped liver?!:ermm:

yes, do tell us about bolas...and what is so stressful about late night surfing, anyhow?

There's an East Palestine by Youngstown, OH. Maybe that would be more exciting :LOL:

There's an East Palestine by Youngstown, OH. Maybe that would be more exciting :LOL:

pac,i'll see your east palestine and raise you dublin, damascus and warsaw .

then, i'm going all in with lebanon, and my all-time deal-breaker--syria! we've got gd SYRIA, right here in the lovely foothills of the shenandoah mountains, in central virginia! how would you like to have syria in your back yard? game over....:)

I can't beat Syria.
It sure is odd how some cities, mostly smaller towns I guess, are named.
There are so many duplicates and many named after other countries or countries' cities you would not expect.

in jersey it's all about washingtons.

something like 10% of all of the towns in new jersey are either named washington, or have washington in it's name (washington township, borough of washington).

apparently he had narcolepsy and just about everywhere he fell asleep, they named the town after him. :rolleyes:

...and my all-time deal-breaker--syria! we've got gd SYRIA, right here in the lovely foothills of the shenandoah mountains, in central virginia!..
I can't beat Syria.
It sure is odd how some cities, mostly smaller towns I guess, are named.
There are so many duplicates and many named after other countries or countries' cities you would not expect.
When I was a kid and Dad was on vacation from work we'd take short trips - mostly Niagara Falls (slowly I turned...) or somewhere close in OH. We went to BURRlin Ohio. I told my Dad I thought it was burrLIN Ohio, but he told me the town changed the pronunciation during WWII so it didn't sound like the city in Germany. So I wonder vit, how DO they pronounce "Syria"? Maybe it's "sighREEuh"? :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom