I am interviewing for a new job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My company started a pilot program for a new position that I think would be a great fit for me. I spoke to the manager a few months ago and he seemed excited that I was interested. He said the pilot had to run for a few months before they decided if it would become a real job.

In the meantime another new job opened up that I applied for They had just created this new position and it was the next logical step for me and I couldn't wait around to see if this other pilot job would get the green light.

I got the 2nd job, but have not started yet. I am not crazy about the job, but like I said, it makes sense that I take it.

Now the first job that I wanted was finally green lighted. I had an interview yesterday and another tomorrow. I have a good feeling that I will probably get it even though there is a lot of competition for this one. I generally interview very well and I am positive I impressed the manager I spoke with yesterday.

One thing about this job is that I might have to travel to India a few times a year. I am not looking forward to leaving my family for those trips, but India is very high on my list of places I want to visit. I won't have very much time to sightsee, but even just being there would be cool.

We will see what happens tomorrow.

I wish you the best and then some, GB!! I also got a good feeling that you will get what you are going after... Travelling to India would be a great opportunity, too, isn't there any chance that you can travel there with your family? In any case going out and seeing the world is always an invaluable experience for you, soak it up!! And hey, maybe after the visit, Yakuta may be a bit relieved then we will have another one to bombard our questions about indian food upon!!:mrgreen:

geebs, good luck.
for some background info, start watching indian tv on sunday mornings. a popular show, in english, is "namaste america".
i've found watching tv shows from foreign countries really helps you get insights into a culture that you can't get from travel books, or personal opinions.

Thanks everyone!

urmaniac13 I actually had the opportunity to go to India for my job a short while ago, but it would have been a three week trip and I was not up for that at this time in my life. I could have brought my family as my wife works for the same company and they could have used her there as well, but the problem was we would not have any day care for the baby. That nixed the whole idea right there.

LOL no one will ever be able to take over for Yakuta. If anything she will be bombarded by more questions by me as I learn of new things I need to ask her :mrgreen:

GB said:
urmaniac13 I actually had the opportunity to go to India for my job a short while ago, but it would have been a three week trip and I was not up for that at this time in my life. I could have brought my family as my wife works for the same company and they could have used her there as well, but the problem was we would not have any day care for the baby. That nixed the whole idea right there.

That's too bad GB:( , I hope something will work out for you if you do go to India. (tell the company to hire a day care personell!!:mrgreen: ) Well, even if you will have to go alone this time, there will be plenty of opportunities when Rachael grows up a little more enough to appreciate the travel in the future... wouldn't that be sweet...
And oh!! Just imagine what brilliant photographies you can add to your collection!! We will be looking forward to them too!!

Wow! That sounds like a fascinating adventure! I have always been fascinated with Indian culture! Hope everything works out for you, and with all the right timing for you and your family! :)

Good luck, GB!!
I know that you have the personality to win over anyone!
I wish you all the best in what you want in your career!

That link didn't work for me bucky, but somehow I am picturing a vehicle with 4 legs maybe?

Good Luck GB - it's an exciting time in your life - and probably for your wife, too. This goes without saying....but of course, I'll say it anyway.....enjoy every moment. ;) Sandyj

GB,
what ever your heart desires, I hope it comes true..If I were picking an employee, You'd get the job hands down...May your dreams come true.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom