I am so nervous and upset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They did mention that they would give me a mild tranquilizer the day before. I already have those two appointments. One for next week, the other in April. They looked at my medical record for the past year and are really concerned about the heart thing. They consider this elective surgery. Losing my vision is not something I would elect to do. :)

They did mention that they would give me a mild tranquilizer the day before. I already have those two appointments. One for next week, the other in April. They looked at my medical record for the past year and are really concerned about the heart thing. They consider this elective surgery. Losing my vision is not something I would elect to do. :)

Yes, Insurance, Medicare and the hospitals all have different ideas on what is "elective" surgery.

I hope you're doing OK. yes, I've had the white coat syndrome in spades one year. My vision went, just like that. My husband managed to get off duty to take me to the hospital. i was in the Tripler hospital, and went to fill out the forms you had to ... but was too blind to do it. A medic helped me. An older lady started to literally attack me, because the medic was helping me when she asked for (uneeded) help. She just didn't feel like filling out the forms. Then, while my blood pressure and blood for tests were being taken, the woman walked in and physically tried to attack me! The medic just laughed and said, we can disregard this blood pressure measurement!

Then I went to a VA clinic, many years later, and I swear, half the guys there (I was actually their first female vet!) were sitting in a row, smoking, with their oxygen tanks for emphysemia lined up next to them. My doctor actually wondered about my blood pressure. Hell, lady (she was a woman), I just walked through a line-up of men smoking next to oxygen tanks. Yeah, my blood pressure is up.

I'm generally an even tempered woman. My husband claims I had the nicest menopause he's ever seen. But, come on.

I hope you're doing OK. yes, I've had the white coat syndrome in spades one year. My vision went, just like that. My husband managed to get off duty to take me to the hospital. i was in the Tripler hospital, and went to fill out the forms you had to ... but was too blind to do it. A medic helped me. An older lady started to literally attack me, because the medic was helping me when she asked for (uneeded) help. She just didn't feel like filling out the forms. Then, while my blood pressure and blood for tests were being taken, the woman walked in and physically tried to attack me! The medic just laughed and said, we can disregard this blood pressure measurement!

Then I went to a VA clinic, many years later, and I swear, half the guys there (I was actually their first female vet!) were sitting in a row, smoking, with their oxygen tanks for emphysemia lined up next to them. My doctor actually wondered about my blood pressure. Hell, lady (she was a woman), I just walked through a line-up of men smoking next to oxygen tanks. Yeah, my blood pressure is up.

I'm generally an even tempered woman. My husband claims I had the nicest menopause he's ever seen. But, come on.

LOL! Not laughing at you Claire, but the description of the vets lined up with their O2 tanks and smoking. We had a resident with lung cancer and a tracheotomy, she would unplug herself and head to the smoking area. She smoked till the day she died. But at least she didn't drag her oxygen with her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom