I am WAY disappointed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
So we put the tree up, it looks NOTHING like the box!

img_360938_0_1156a143777504ba449a242a1a316134.jpg

Why not just a big poster? That might be even cheaper than a box. :P
Or better yet... how about a big stocking.

<I've got a good image for ya, if I can find it tomorrow>

That stuff isn't cheap.
But it's quite good. :P
I got a chocolate cigar from there once.
Haha

that must have been tough to light, huh gobo?

lol tatt. tell the kids it's an artsy tree, in the cubism style.

a few years ago my mom and dad stopped putting up a tree because of the hassle, so i bought them a pop-up tree. that is you take it out of the box, bend the branches out and viola', a christmas tree. replete with lights (fiber optics) and balls (wired on to the branches) already installed.

Last edited:
Loved the picture, especially as this is yet another year for me with no tree... My partner doesn't like trees, thinks they should be left growing in the ground, and I don't see the point of a fake one. So we have one year on, one year off. That's the theory anyway. But, we've been adopted by an abandoned kitten every year since we moved into this apartment. And young cats and Christmas trees are a recipe for disaster sooner or later. Two weeks ago we had a beautiful black female move in. She is absolutely gorgeous. Whoever lost her must have been devastated. Most of the other cats we've taken in aren't terribly good with people, having been chased from garden to garden before coming across us. But this black beauty is really friendly and loves a cuddle, so she must have been treated well. Nobody has called in response to our posters round the neighbourhood so it looks like she's staying. So no Christmas tree, again. But to be honest, I'm not sorry to have the cat instead.

DH brings a big standard ficus in from the greenhouse, throws a string of lights on it, and put's pine cones in the pot to keep the cats out. I buy a couple of poinsettias, and the decorating is done.
By the way, while it's true that poinsettias are mildly toxic, I've had several cats eat them with no problem.

Need

You know what we all need! Laughing sure helps when we feel so worn and unloved. Thanks. Keep them coming. Your efforts are all appreciated.

So your Christmas Tree is a little different and I am very sorry that you were dissapointed.

I laughted so hard that tears were running down my face and Jolie was licking them up.

nevermind, I`ll post it again :)

when I saw the Apex on the box I thought it was your house with one HUGE Christmas tree sticking out the top, kinda figured you need a bigger house or a smaller tree :)

I am not putting up a tree unless one or both of the daughters (one with her family) are coming!! Just wish I could get away with Tattrat's idea if they do come!!!! I can sure see the packing away possibilities!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom