I Am Worried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
My DA has a cold, and it scares me. She is 95 now, and I am very worried of her. I am on her floor of her bedroom with my laptop and a book and my Bible study next to her bed.

I am afraid to sleep. I will maybe nap on her floor if sleep will come to me. My dear Azia is on my side and I have a blanket and a pillow.

She does not make the coughing any more, but I can not be too careful of her.

I feel very alone with this, but I feel strong of this.

If anyone were to have the time of prayers for DA, would you mind my asking of this?

If it is inconvenient, I shall understand. I am just very worried of this.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, I am sending up prayers right now. Try not to worry, you must get some rest so you can be of help to your DA when she wakes. Rest well dear :)

Thank you so very much, Somebunny. I shall try not to worry. Something bothers me of her. She breathes well but when I put her to her bed, she called me "Ecatarina."

I called Mamma and put this to her voicemail. This is not right. She calls me "Cat." My Mamma is Ecatarina.

She seems to be resting very quietly and her breathing seems to be good. She has no fever but I do know her throat is feeling very irritated and sore.

She never gets to be mixed up of names. I shall try to get of some naps on this floor.

Thank you so very much! I shall try to rest.

With love,
~Cat

Today was very tiring. Gwen and I took DA to the Urgent Care Clinic. She has a sinus infection and they checked of her very carefully. She was given a steroid medicine, nose spray, and an antibiotic. She still feels badly but not so bad as of last night when I got very scared for her.

She is eating well, drinking very much juice and water, but she has not very much energy. I do not expect her to have very much energy. She turned 95 years old last Wednesday, the second, but we were going to celebrate this for her tomorrow.

I do not think she is going to be well enough for this. So, we shall put this back until she is feeling much better. I gave her the presents on Wednesday, but I was going to make her a nice fruit basket and give her roses tomorrow or when we can have the party.

I am so tired! DA went to bed very early, after dinner. She is very exhausted! I think she will be all right throughout the night, but we still have the alarm she can press that will wake me in the basement. She did not want me to sleep on her floor again. She said it is not good for me, so I am downstairs in the lair tonight.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate all of you so very much! It is very scary to think of her becoming ill. I was taught the CPR and First Aid at the vocational college here, and I know to call 911 at the first sign of trouble. I tested her alarm and it is working, but I will still go to check of her many times before I go to bed tonight.

Thank you all for being here. There is so very much to growing up and taking responsibilities of people and important things. But I am learning of these things.

With love,
~Cat

Oh, Sweetie. Cat, DA will hopefully be fine. {{{{ hugs}}}} to you and DA.

Last edited:
Oh, Sweetie. Cat, DA will hopefully be fine. {{{{ hugs}}}} to you and DA.

Thank you so very much, Dawgluver. {{{{hugs}}}} back to you, my friend. I shall go check of her and I shall be back in a moment.

You are so very good to me! Thank you!

With love,
~Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
When our elders are sick, it is very easy to mix up names. You did the right thing taking DA to the clinic today. Now that she is doing better, you have to take care of you so that you are strong when she needs you again. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

When our elders are sick, it is very easy to mix up names. You did the right thing taking DA to the clinic today. Now that she is doing better, you have to take care of you so that you are strong when she needs you again. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

I thank you so very much, PrincessFiona. When I put her to bed, I went down here and I took a nap of two hours! I feel better, but I am still tired. Floors are not very comfortable to sleep upon.

So, this is a normal thing for older people to do? I am glad to know of this. Thank you for telling me of this.

With love,
~Cat

I thank you so very much, PrincessFiona. When I put her to bed, I went down here and I took a nap of two hours! I feel better, but I am still tired. Floors are not very comfortable to sleep upon.

So, this is a normal thing for older people to do? I am glad to know of this. Thank you for telling me of this.

With love,
~Cat

You are welcome!
Yes, very normal, sometimes it's the only way to tell they are sick. They become mixed up easily and can get quite confused.

Hugs for you both!

You are welcome!
Yes, very normal, sometimes it's the only way to tell they are sick. They become mixed up easily and can get quite confused.

Hugs for you both!

I am so very glad to know this! I shall certainly remember of this, and I will know for the future if this happens again.

Hugs to you also!

With love,
~Cat

Hi Cat. I hope DA is feeling better and resting comfortably. Now YOU should go get some sleep! (That's right, I see that green dot below your profile picture that says you are here. ;)) I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Hi Cat. I hope DA is feeling better and resting comfortably. Now YOU should go get some sleep! (That's right, I see that green dot below your profile picture that says you are here. ;)) I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Thank you! I just checked of her, and she is in very normal sleep. I had just realized I did not look of the box for the mail today. Azia and I shall run out to get the mail, and we will be back to sleep for the night.

Thank you very much again!

With love,
~Cat

Thank you! I just checked of her, and she is in very normal sleep. I had just realized I did not look of the box for the mail today. Azia and I shall run out to get the mail, and we will be back to sleep for the night.

Thank you very much again!

With love,
~Cat
I missed this discussion over the last couple of days. I hope our DA is feeling better today and you managed to get a good night's sleep. God bless.

When my Mom got up into her 90's she would become confused when she had a UTI.

I never realized that a UTI could be the cause of her becoming slightly disoriented and confused.

A round of antibiotics and she was as sharp as a ninety year old tack! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I never realized that a UTI could be the cause of her becoming slightly disoriented and confused.

A round of antibiotics and she was as sharp as a ninety year old tack! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Yes, my mother too. Confusion with UTIs is very common in elderly persons.

Yes, my mother too. Confusion with UTIs is very common in elderly persons.

When one of my patients has a behavior change, the first thing I check for is a UTI, I've caught a lot of them early before they become bad. I also don't trust coughing in a patient who normally doesn't cough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom