"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
Proud American

I Am Worried

My DA has a cold, and it scares me. She is 95 now, and I am very worried of her. I am on her floor of her bedroom with my laptop and a book and my Bible study next to her bed.

I am afraid to sleep. I will maybe nap on her floor if sleep will come to me. My dear Azia is on my side and I have a blanket and a pillow.

She does not make the coughing any more, but I can not be too careful of her.

I feel very alone with this, but I feel strong of this.

If anyone were to have the time of prayers for DA, would you mind my asking of this?

If it is inconvenient, I shall understand. I am just very worried of this.

With love,
~Cat

Old 10-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Cat, I am sending up prayers right now. Try not to worry, you must get some rest so you can be of help to your DA when she wakes. Rest well dear :)

Old 10-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #3
Proud American

Thank you so very much, Somebunny. I shall try not to worry. Something bothers me of her. She breathes well but when I put her to her bed, she called me "Ecatarina."

I called Mamma and put this to her voicemail. This is not right. She calls me "Cat." My Mamma is Ecatarina.

She seems to be resting very quietly and her breathing seems to be good. She has no fever but I do know her throat is feeling very irritated and sore.

She never gets to be mixed up of names. I shall try to get of some naps on this floor.

Thank you so very much! I shall try to rest.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
Master Chef

Good morning Cat!

Hope all is well with you and DA this morning.

You are both in my thoughts.

B
Old 10-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Cat, you and your family are in our prayers.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Thinking of you and DA. Hope you got some rest and all is well.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #7
Proud American

Today was very tiring. Gwen and I took DA to the Urgent Care Clinic. She has a sinus infection and they checked of her very carefully. She was given a steroid medicine, nose spray, and an antibiotic. She still feels badly but not so bad as of last night when I got very scared for her.

She is eating well, drinking very much juice and water, but she has not very much energy. I do not expect her to have very much energy. She turned 95 years old last Wednesday, the second, but we were going to celebrate this for her tomorrow.

I do not think she is going to be well enough for this. So, we shall put this back until she is feeling much better. I gave her the presents on Wednesday, but I was going to make her a nice fruit basket and give her roses tomorrow or when we can have the party.

I am so tired! DA went to bed very early, after dinner. She is very exhausted! I think she will be all right throughout the night, but we still have the alarm she can press that will wake me in the basement. She did not want me to sleep on her floor again. She said it is not good for me, so I am downstairs in the lair tonight.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate all of you so very much! It is very scary to think of her becoming ill. I was taught the CPR and First Aid at the vocational college here, and I know to call 911 at the first sign of trouble. I tested her alarm and it is working, but I will still go to check of her many times before I go to bed tonight.

Thank you all for being here. There is so very much to growing up and taking responsibilities of people and important things. But I am learning of these things.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh, Sweetie. Cat, DA will hopefully be fine. {{{{ hugs}}}} to you and DA.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh, Sweetie. Cat, DA will hopefully be fine. {{{{ hugs}}}} to you and DA.
Thank you so very much, Dawgluver. {{{{hugs}}}} back to you, my friend. I shall go check of her and I shall be back in a moment.

You are so very good to me! Thank you!

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

When our elders are sick, it is very easy to mix up names. You did the right thing taking DA to the clinic today. Now that she is doing better, you have to take care of you so that you are strong when she needs you again. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.