I asked for ribeye, but got T-bone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moon Flower

Washing Up
While on holiday in Greece I fancied a ribeye steak. At home we sometimes indulge in a bit of ribeye to cheer us up a bit, though the good stuff is tres expensive. But no, seems the Greeks only serve up plain steak resembling roadkill thats been bashed into submission with a jack hammer. And then I asked "have you heard of T-bone?" and the man smiled broadly and said wait a minute.

He brought back something so huge on a plate that it resembled a cow. "How much will THAT cost?" I asked.

"Nineteen euros, forty cents."

"Please cook it medium, but I like to see a bit of blood on my plate when I cut into it. (Nearly said "drill into it", but my humour would probably not be appreciated. I asked if he would sprinkle some souvlaki spices over the meat, and he said sure.

Here it is. Cooked to one inch thick and accompanyed with home cooked chips, sliced red onion, slaw also, but uninteresting rice which I left.

It was delicious! The T-bone was somewhere between sirloin and ribeye, locally reared the man said and I took an hour to eat it all up.

And theres nothing quite like gnawing the bone either, even though Mum kept muttering I was "Gannet incarnate." :LOL:

jill, to be honest that doesn't look like a t-bone, but it could be the picture. that delicious looking picture...:)

a t-bone is more of a loin chop, mostly sirloin but with a bit of meat on the tenderloin side of the rib and chine bone.

that looks much more like a bone-in sirloin. :chef:

jill, to be honest that doesn't look like a t-bone, but it could be the picture. that delicious looking picture...:)

a t-bone is more of a loin chop, mostly sirloin but with a bit of meat on the tenderloin side of the rib and chine bone.

that looks much more like a bone-in sirloin. :chef:

Who cares? I have eaten T bone many times before, but when it arrived sizzling and smelling divine, I gave the steak no further thought other than thoroughly enjoy it for what it was.

Last edited:
YEah boy! Tbone, sirloin, whatever... THAT'S A STEAK!
Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!

A steak in GREECE none the less, which for me would make it even better.

While on holiday in Greece I fancied a ribeye steak. At home we sometimes indulge in a bit of ribeye to cheer us up a bit, though the good stuff is tres expensive. But no, seems the Greeks only serve up plain steak resembling roadkill thats been bashed into submission with a jack hammer. And then I asked "have you heard of T-bone?" and the man smiled broadly and said wait a minute.

He brought back something so huge on a plate that it resembled a cow. "How much will THAT cost?" I asked.

"Nineteen euros, forty cents."

"Please cook it medium, but I like to see a bit of blood on my plate when I cut into it. (Nearly said "drill into it", but my humour would probably not be appreciated. I asked if he would sprinkle some souvlaki spices over the meat, and he said sure.

Here it is. Cooked to one inch thick and accompanyed with home cooked chips, sliced red onion, slaw also, but uninteresting rice which I left.

It was delicious! The T-bone was somewhere between sirloin and ribeye, locally reared the man said and I took an hour to eat it all up.

And theres nothing quite like gnawing the bone either, even though Mum kept muttering I was "Gannet incarnate." :LOL:

Omigosh! whatever it is, it looks AMAZING! I'm preparing an American Wagyu strip steak tonight. This photo is serving as my "appeteaser!" ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom