I can hear you laughing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
There is this pesky little bug flying around the TV. So I get up, grab a light magazine, swat it. Sit down. Dang! I could have sworn I got it. Get up again. Swat again. Sit down again. Double Dang!!

Aha! I am watching a wildlife show and that pesky little bug is part of the story. I have the market on stupidity cornered and I am not sharing it. :mad:

Yesterday, Shrek shoveled out my parking place. I was busy thanking him and admiring his hard work as we walked in the apartment. I get my coat off and I hear an odd "beep." I asked him what that sound was, he said, "I don't know, it started about an hour ago and I can't figure it out."

I checked the clock on my table, my camera, my glucose monitor, my blood pressure machine...none of them were even turned on so they might beep. The "beep" happened again and I'm checking all kinds of things, not the smoke alarm, not the CO2 alarm. I figure at some point we would figure it out. Shrek, meanwhile, is checking all the electronic on his side of the room.

I forget about it and still try to pin it down when it beeps, but it is so faint it sounds like it's coming from in front of me. I'm playing here at DC and had an odd idea that I had forgotten to turn off my cellphone the other day when I was out doing laundry. I get it out of my purse (which does not go to work with me) and sure enough, it's on and it's telling me I missed a call.

I look at Shrek and asked him if he called my cellphone, "Yes about an hour...Oh man!!!!" Then he said, "But you weren't home!" "No, but my cellphone was."

Now I know how to make him crazy, turn on the cellphone, call it and let it got to voice mail...have to wait a couple of weeks...:devilish:

Yesterday, Shrek shoveled out my parking place. I was busy thanking him and admiring his hard work as we walked in the apartment. I get my coat off and I hear an odd "beep." I asked him what that sound was, he said, "I don't know, it started about an hour ago and I can't figure it out."

I checked the clock on my table, my camera, my glucose monitor, my blood pressure machine...none of them were even turned on so they might beep. The "beep" happened again and I'm checking all kinds of things, not the smoke alarm, not the CO2 alarm. I figure at some point we would figure it out. Shrek, meanwhile, is checking all the electronic on his side of the room.

I forget about it and still try to pin it down when it beeps, but it is so faint it sounds like it's coming from in front of me. I'm playing here at DC and had an odd idea that I had forgotten to turn off my cellphone the other day when I was out doing laundry. I get it out of my purse (which does not go to work with me) and sure enough, it's on and it's telling me I missed a call.

I look at Shrek and asked him if he called my cellphone, "Yes about an hour...Oh man!!!!" Then he said, "But you weren't home!" "No, but my cellphone was."

Now I know how to make him crazy, turn on the cellphone, call it and let it got to voice mail...have to wait a couple of weeks...:devilish:

A clear case of elder abuse! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The 12 Step Internet Recovery Program

1. I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to before the Internet.
  2. I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.
  3. I will get dressed before noon.
  4. I will make an attempt to lean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet.
  5. I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived.
  6. I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Internet.
  7. I will read a book...if I still remember how.
  8. I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Internet.
  9. I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.
  10. I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.
  11. I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Internet.
  12. Last but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime... and the Internet will always be there tomorrow!
Good luck all!:chef:

Addie,

I like your list and agree with most of it.

For me the biggest issue is being able to shop twenty four hours a day seven days a week in my underwear!, or out! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I've purchased so much stuff on Amazon, I should buy stock in it.

I love the Net! I have friends in many other countries who I speak with on a weekly basis.

It's wonderful to gather information about other cultures "From the horses mouth", instead of relying on books. It's generally much more accurate and up-to-date that way as well.

Back
Top Bottom