I can't stop crying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Barbara, what a terrible experience for you. I am so sorry. But he came to you for help, knowing that you would do the right thing for him and you did. I know it was so hard - about ten years ago, two roving dogs killed my beloved cat Charles. He lived for about 10 minutes...this is still a traumatic memory for me. Animal Control came and took the dogs and they were eventually euthanized. I know that you have a tender heart, and Mr. Frodo will be there in your heart always. I could tell from his pictures that he was a very special guy.

Oh Barbara, omg, I'm am so so sorry. I'm in tears thinking about you. I wish I were closer to you to sit with you and lend you a shoulder!! I am so glad that you got the pictures too. Oh honey, I wish there was something I could do to make it better for you. I'm happy though that you have James!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Barb,
so sorry and sad for you..It's been just about a year now that I had to put Maggie down..Everytime I look up at her ashes, I cry..she was my shadow..and was so in tune with me, she knew if i were happy or sad..Then would act accordingly..Cry Barb and let it wash away some of the pain..be glad you gave kitty the good life he had..Many of the world little pals are not so lucky..Hopefully one day soon one of these poor souls will glance your way and snap love will bloom for both of you then he/she qill become you pal..nothing gives back love as a furry pal..hugs to you and James and prayers and eternal happy rest to your furry baby.
cj

Oh Barbara you know I've been there. It never easy. I do know how you feel.
*Hugs*. I'm so sorry. I wish there was more I could do for you.

It's bad enough when you know it's going to happen soon - when your cat is old and/or ill and the day is near. Hardest thing I've ever had to do.

But when it happens suddenly like that, Barb, it must knock the breath out of you.

I'm so sorry about your little sweetheart.

Lee

I'm so glad we got to see Mr. Frodo and just remember - that's the way he is now. I wish I could just wrap my arms around you. It's such a difficult thing to do and I'm sorry you had to do it alone. Mr. Frodo will forever be grateful you took such good care of him.

Thanks. I must say, I was surprised how peaceful it was. He literally just went to sleep and then it was over. About 10 seconds. I hope I never have to go through that again, but I'm glad I stayed--I would have felt like I had abandoned my baby if I had left.

Barbara

so hard to lose them and doublely hard to be with them. but i do feel we owe them that so they aren't so scared by all the stranges sights and smells. it took my a really long time to get over putting my fourteen year old cat to sleep. cry all you want barb and don't be the least embrassed about it.

babe:(:(:(

I am so sorry to hear about this Barb, it is hard enough when you are preparing yourself for it, doubly hard when it is so sudden and unexpected.
I hope they rein that dog in, sounds like it has a taste for blood and if so it will soon be a danger to more than cats and chickens :(

I'm so sorry to hear that Barbara and I know how heart-breaking it is to make those types of decisions. My heart is with you.

Barbara, I'm so sorry about what happened to your Mr. Frodo. What a coincidence - DH and I had to put down our cat Frodo last fall. She was 18 years old and her kidneys were failing. That was difficult enough - she was old and had had problems for quite a while. To lose one suddenly is so much more so - another cat we had was hit by a car in front of the house, so I have an idea of what you're going through. I'm glad you were there to comfort him at the end. Best wishes.

As I was leaving for work Mr. Frodo (our cat) came to the door crying. His back right leg was all torn up and he couldn't stand or walk on it. While I was calling the vet I emailed work and told them I couldn't come in. I am 99% sure it was the dog from across the street (remember the one we call Big Guy?). The owner has started letting him run loose again. He kills chickens all the time and has been chasing our cats.

The vet said his injuries were bad. It looked like nerve damage and possible broken bones. On top of everything else, they tested him, and he was positive for Feline Leukemia. It killed me to have to do it, but I went ahead and let them euthanize him. I was there, petting him as he slipped quickly away. I cried a little then, and a little in the car before coming home, but right now I can't stop crying. I have had pets die before, but I have never had to do that before. If he hadn't been so torn up, I might have tried to keep him in the house and just treated him, but Mr. Frodo loved being outside and it was always hard to keep him in. He was extremely independent and aloof one minute, then a big cuddly baby in my arms the next.

I called Animal Control when I got home, and left a message on their machine. The dog doesn't have a mean bone in his body, when it comes to people--I'd almost feel better if he was mean. He is so sweet with us. But he has to go, one way or the other.

I'm thankful I got the pictures of him and Cubbie the other day. He was such a sweet baby. James doesn't know yet.

:(Barbara

I'm so sorry, Barbara. I got tears in my eyes as I read your post. My thoughts & prayers go out to you. The Pet Loss web site is great when people have lost their pets. Pet Loss Grief Support, Rainbow Bridge, Monday Candle Ceremony, It was a great help to me when my rat terrier mix died at the vet's during the night due to seizures & being paralyzed on one side of his body in June 1999. I understand how it is to lose a pet. Before my dog came along, I had to have a kitten put down when something happened to it. Take time to grieve. Crying helps and writing your feelings down in a journal helps too.

HUGS,

Darlene

Barbara I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Frodo. I too cried when I read your post.

Barb I am writing through my tears. I had to put my Mooky to sleep many years ago and I still miss him, he used to sleep on top of my head every night. I feel for you and tears are just fine. May Mr Fodo rest in eternal peace

James and I haven't had a chance to talk on the phone yet, but he and I exchanged a few PMs here, and I had him read this thread. I was just talking about that same thing, how Mr. Frodo loved sleeping with us. He would curl up tight against my back, around my head, or up on top of James. He gave us some good memories.

:)Barbara

Barbara... i am sad to read your post. It is so hard to loose a pet especially that way. I had to euthanise my 18yo dog 6 years ago and I still miss her but your right being there is the right thing and I am glad I was too. You gave your kiitty a good life and did the right thing for him in the end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom