"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #51
Head Chef
I am so sorry Barbara! There are alot of pet lovers here, me included, who feel your immense pain right now. Little fur babies become such a part of our lives.. they give us love, comfort, even an unbiased ear... I'm sure he was comforted by your presence when he passed into Heaven. You did the right thing, he is pain free and went into another world feeling the warmth of your love, which he has carried with him and will never forget.

Saphellae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #52
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers very much. I'm fine. I have many good memories of Mr. Frodo, and he isn't suffering, which is the important thing.

You all are great!

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #53
Executive Chef
You're welcome!
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #54
Chef Extraordinaire

it took me a couple of days to find this. this message was buried with my dear kahlua cat when he died.

he was good company/and w'll miss his gift/ of cat affection while he lived/the sweet nature /of that shy creature/who gave the pleasure of himself.

don't know why but it made me feel better at the time.

"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #55
Oh Barbara, I'm so sorry. I'm sitting here crying for you. I know how awful that must have been and my heart is breaking for you. Sending you love and hugs across the miles my sister.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #56
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Thanks lil' sis, I appreciate that so much.

Thank you for the poem babe. It is comforting.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #57
Executive Chef
As is with all the other pet loss threads I cry as well because I know how it feels to lose your good buddy. I wanted to wait a bit to post this because it's so bitter sweet but has always made me feel a little better. I go to this poem when ever I'm missing one of my furry friends. I love this poem but it always makes my cry regardless.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it." - Julia Child
jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #58
Senior Cook
You made the right decision as hard as it was. My heart goes out to you. Bless you.
Nancy Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #59
Executive Chef
I am so sorry for Mr Frodo's tragic passing Barbara. I have had to put five cats down in the last few years and I have all of their urns on top of my stereo. And I am very glad that I have my six cats all locked up inside now for their daytime siesta. I am constantly worrying about dogs and cars and horrible people and am conscious of them having a wander. As soon as I know they have left the property, I am on their tail (literally and figuratively) herding them back home. I want to delay adding to those urns for as long as I can! I found that thinking about putting them down was worse than the actual event though as in each of their cases I knew I was doing what was best. It is just thinking about not having them with you is soul destroying. My thoughts are with you and James.

Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline   Reply With Quote