I can't stop crying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
As I was leaving for work Mr. Frodo (our cat) came to the door crying. His back right leg was all torn up and he couldn't stand or walk on it. While I was calling the vet I emailed work and told them I couldn't come in. I am 99% sure it was the dog from across the street (remember the one we call Big Guy?). The owner has started letting him run loose again. He kills chickens all the time and has been chasing our cats.

The vet said his injuries were bad. It looked like nerve damage and possible broken bones. On top of everything else, they tested him, and he was positive for Feline Leukemia. It killed me to have to do it, but I went ahead and let them euthanize him. I was there, petting him as he slipped quickly away. I cried a little then, and a little in the car before coming home, but right now I can't stop crying. I have had pets die before, but I have never had to do that before. If he hadn't been so torn up, I might have tried to keep him in the house and just treated him, but Mr. Frodo loved being outside and it was always hard to keep him in. He was extremely independent and aloof one minute, then a big cuddly baby in my arms the next.

I called Animal Control when I got home, and left a message on their machine. The dog doesn't have a mean bone in his body, when it comes to people--I'd almost feel better if he was mean. He is so sweet with us. But he has to go, one way or the other.

I'm thankful I got the pictures of him and Cubbie the other day. He was such a sweet baby. James doesn't know yet.

:(Barbara

Attachments

• Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 001.jpg
    Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 001.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 006.jpg
    Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 006.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 160
Oh, Barbara, that is so sad. I am sorry you had to deal with that trauma. Losing a pet is never easy. It's worse that you had to deal with it alone.

You are in our thoughts.

I'm sorry Barabara. I've not had to deal with a cat injured by a dog before but have had one crawl home after being hit by a car and had to have him put o sleep. I empathise with you and give you a virtual hug.

Thank you very much. It is going to take awhile to sink in. Just now I put my foot down on something and thought I had put it on his leg. He loved to lay under my computer desk, around my feet.

I have finally stopped crying (I'm sure there will be more tears at some point). It will just seem so strange around here without my Mr. Frodo.

Barbara

Crying Too

What a sweet baby! He should not have been denied his freedom either. He was entitled to walk the earth the same way that dog does. Oh, this is painful. I truly don't care how sweet the dog is, he had no right to take that baby's life. This is very very painful and please accept my sympathy. What a shock! I agree rather than having the cat in misery it is better to let him go to a better place. Why must all the good ones suffer unnecessarily?

Barbara, I am sorry to hear about loosing Mr. Frodo. I have had pets all my life and loved them all, when I was a chile, Mom and Dad dealt with those kinds of things. As an adult, I was usually traveling. Now I am not in a trveling job and have two labs I love very much. We can't even beat the thought.

You are in my thoughts. Take it as it comes.

AC

oh Barbara, I am so sorry to hear about Mr. Frodo. He looks like such a nice lovable cat. Hang on to Cubbie tonight. I hope he can help you through this until James gets home.

oh, Barbara, thanks for sharing your baby with us........I'm just full of tears of what you must be going thru......I know what it's like to lose a furry child.......it hurts...really hurts.....I'm so sorry.........

:( I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart is also crushed every time I lose a pet. I know there is nothing anyone can tell to make you feel better but you did the right thing. Cry all you want sweetie, I don't blame you I'm a big time cryer and when I do they might as well bring out the buckets.

What a shame. I am sorry you had to go through this.
I know it may be hard, but you should would walk your property with a camera and see if there is any evidence of the scuffle. People who let their pets roam onto others' property should be held accountable. Sometimes monetary accountability is the only way they will learn.
Very sad......

Oh, I'm so sorry Barbara. How unexpected and sad. I have yet to lose a pet as Aspen is my first. (Well, except the multitude of rodents I've had :huh:)

My sympathies and I hope you are able to do something about that dog.

Thanks everyone. It definitely helps to go through this with others, even if via computer. Cubbie is probably going to start wondering what is up pretty soon. I think my crying scared him a little! He is all tuckered out, lying in front of James's chair.

:)Barbara

I hope she can do something about that owner, neighbor or not.

I'm so so sorry to hear this bad news. Katie and I have been through the experience of losing a beloved pet and know the pain. We are there for you.

I'm so sorry Barbara....
We had to give up our cat 2 weeks ago, I cried all the way there, filling out paperwork and back home.... I've resisted checking on him thus far.
I can't imagine the sudden loss you've had.

I've lost couple of dogs in my life and can't handle it any more, it is just too sad. I feel your pain, and I am very sorry. It's been 10 years since the last dog and I still once in a while get really sad about him.

My heart goes out to you, Cubbie and James. Hold on to those dear pictures and memories. Push the animal control people to do something! HUGS.

Thank you. I have lost enough pets through the years to know that "this too shall pass," and I have so many wonderful memories of Mr. Frodo. We still have two cats, but they won't let us get near them. One of them will even come in the house and lay near my feet, but if I try to touch her she runs or claws me! Someday I would like to have another cat--one that will hopefully like staying in the house more than Mr. Frodo did.

We will definitely keep after Animal Control. Now that my cat has died, maybe they will take it more seriously.

Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom