I didn't know I loved it till I tried it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
be it food , drink, soap, salt, brie cheese, what do you love when you said you didn't like it till you tried.
mine was broccoli. would give me toots:blush:, from what others said. well, i tried broccoli, loved it, & am tootless!!!:innocent: (usually)

hummus!!
I've always disliked beans, so I never went near it. Dad made it often.
Then I finally got brave one day when I saw my Dad using a few cloves of garlic.... how could that be bad?
Can you say YUMMY!!!
Now I actually try other bean dishes once in awhile.

Had to be sushi for me..... my friends turned me on and I have been hooked ever since!

chicken hearts, fried kalamari, fried clams....I can keep going, but, won't. I was a very picky eater until I was in my mid 20's. LOL, not anymore. Things I won't eat can be counted on one, so far, lol

always like to try new stuff, except sushi. i am not interested in raw fish. not even a little bit. i think it is just a fad anyway.

several of my kids love it. to each his own

babe:ermm:

Asparagus! Ugh!!! Wouldn't go near it with a 20-foot pole, then a friend brought an asparagus dish to a potluck. Loved her dish. Ate it up like crazy. Don't know what happened, but the switch was thrown. Now I really enjoy asparagus.

Brussels sprouts still are on my "yuck" list. Have tried them gently steamed and tender and other ways, but can't get them down. I can still hear my mother calling them "little cabbages." My question? I didn't like cabbage, why should I like Brussels sprouts? Now I'll eat cabbage in any form, but haven't warmed up to Brussels sprouts. Maybe someday.

Try cutting the wee cabbages in half and sauteeing them in butter with a bit if salt and garlic then dip them in a mustard sauce and you will not be able to get enough of otf them!

Hummus is made with Chickpeas which aren't really beans anyway!

Asparagas, when I was a child, only came in cans and I would eat each and every spear then drink the liquid! I still love it - especially because I can get it fresh but like a small percentage of the population my system reacts unpleasantly afterwards. :mad:

i still cannot get jake to like sushi.he's a brat 'bout food.

Chris (my dh) has become a tad more adventersome in his later years. He has tried sushi, but is not fond of the raw stuff. He will eat the cooked rolls and such provided I cut it up in chunks for him. He can't seem to grasp the idea of putting the whole piece in his mouth. Dainty guy he is!!!

...what do you love when you said you didn't like it till you tried...
I never say I don't like something until I have tried it. However, one food I didn't think I would like is sushi. I finally tried it a couple years ago, and I love it.

:)Barbara

Me - broccoli too. And mussels - just the word - 'til I realized I was eating clams, and couldn't figure out why the difference. And yogurt. When discribed as "good bacteria, or culture - and again I realized I was eating "sour" cream. LOL!

fried chicken rice and peas risotto, for ages i thought i wouldnt like it but its lovely (although I dont put cream in, dont like that!)

always like to try new stuff, except sushi. i am not interested in raw fish. not even a little bit. i think it is just a fad anyway.

several of my kids love it. to each his own

babe:ermm:

Hey, babe. Not all sushi contains raw fish, or even any seafood. There are varieties with cooked eel or shrimp, and those with only veggies.

I tried sushi a really long time ago and hated it; wouldn't try it again for years, till I finally broke down had it again. I realized that, for some reason, I don't like the kind with nori on the outside, but if it's rolled up inside and the rice is outside, I like that kind :wacko:

I remember trying lentil soup once and being surprised that I liked it.

I used to cook okra for my first husband, and the snotty looking slime that oozed out when I cut it up grossed me out, and I wouldn't eat it for years. Now, I find that I like it in soups, although I still haven't had the nerve to eat it stewed with tomatoes, the way the ex liked it.

I agree with GotGarlic, babe. Sushi actually refers to the rice, not the fish. I completely disagree that it is just a fad too. Look at how long it has been enjoyed in Asia. It is very trendy here right now and that might not last. Something else will come along and takes it place as far as trendiness goes, but sushi will not go away. There are just too many people who love the stuff and do not want to live without it.

I am one of those people and sushi is what I came in here to post. The thought of it (at least the raw fish) made my skin crawl. I tasted it once, but it was not from a good place. That is sort of like judging what a hamburger tastes like by going to McDonalds.

Thankfully I decided to try it a second time a few years later at a very good sushi restaurant. I am very happy I had an open mind (although my wallet is not happy). It is by far my favorite food now. It is the only food I have ever had an addiction to. Sometimes the craving hits so hard that now matter what I am doing I know I NEED to get my sushi fix that day.

I used to cook okra for my first husband, and the snotty looking slime that oozed out when I cut it up grossed me out, and I wouldn't eat it for years. Now, I find that I like it in soups, although I still haven't had the nerve to eat it stewed with tomatoes, the way the ex liked it.

:LOL: Love dat Oakree and damaters Miss Connie...love it!! Gots to have it!!

Maybe a good drink of bourbon first will give you the nerve to try it....;)

I'd have to say okra for me. I didn't like it at all then had some deep fried and came to like it. Haven't tried it stewed but I do add it to my veggie soups. One thing I would like to like would be livers. I've tried and tried and just can't seem to swallow. It just clogs in my throat. I think it may be a texture issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom