I don't care...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
what anyone says.

Prince is the MAN! That was the most enjoyable halftime show I can remember. Great musician and performer. AND NO LIP SYNCING!

That is all...

I enjoyed Prince but no one will beat the Stones. That half-time show was unbelievable. I loved it.

Might be my age.....:LOL:

Last edited:
Actually, I though the commercials were rather dull compared to previous years.

The only one I lol'ed at was the kevin Federline one.

I got lucky and switched the channel right when Prince was coming on.
THAT SHOW WAS FANTASTIC! :CLAP:

I would have watched for the commercials but we don't get the american comercials here. :mad:

I'm with ya, Tatt - Price was by far my favorite halftime show yet!

and, I was sadly disappointed with the commercials.
Did laugh at K-Fed, but was sad to see that the career builders went from the silly chimps to the reality-show-spin.

Really liked the budweiser one with the dog that got splashed in the mud and "became" a dalmation.

it went off without a hitch. i wasn't looking forward to coming in to work tonight if there were problems.

well, almost perfectly, anyway. a few affilliates did not have their defaults set correctly for 5.1 metadata (surround sound), so a few of you out there with home theatre systems must have wondered where the announcers went a few times.

umm, tatt? prince?

we need to come up with a symbol for you, so we can call you the chef formerly known as tattrat. :cool:

don't listen, Tatt....prince rocks.

buckytom...now that you're on the subject....we lost sound now and again, like when they were doing interviews (!)

TATTRAT said:
Actually, I though the commercials were rather dull compared to previous years.

The only one I lol'ed at was the kevin Federline one.

Not a big Prince fan, but the show was entertaining at least.

Definitely agreed on the dull commercials and the Federline one - zing!
Ha-ha!

jkath said:
I'm with ya, Tatt - Price was by far my favorite halftime show yet!

and, I was sadly disappointed with the commercials.
Did laugh at K-Fed, but was sad to see that the career builders went from the silly chimps to the reality-show-spin.

Really liked the budweiser one with the dog that got splashed in the mud and "became" a dalmation.

The commercials on the whole weren't entertaining to me. I can remember howling with laughter but this year they just weren't up to par. My favorite was the 'dalmation' Budweiser ad, too, jkath.

I was surprised at the K Fed-ex commercial. I liked it!

The rag was very unusual and I bet everyone will be trying to emulate him this week.

Last edited:
Funny I was busy in the kitchen but did notice the Aunt Jamima hat ant that big purple guiter. My sister immidiately commented on the true version of Purple Rain. All that rain on that equipment!!!

What was it that he did, the Prince, that all conservative radio stations are talking about? Comparing him to Janet jackson?

I thought the K-Fed commercial was the best, the Blockbuster one is an old commercial, but still cute. But like most of yall, I thought most of the commercials were dull. Yes, Prince was sportin some sort of bandana thing, problaby did not want to het his hair wet!!!!

I feel the same about Prince as I did when he was in his hey-day; I'm just not gonna like the guy, ever! He just doesn't play the kind of music that I like, and his somewhat effeminate style deffinitely turns me away. I'm not sure why it bothers me so, maybe becasue there was an effeminite guy who worked at a place where I washed dishes as a teen. he thought he was something special and that we lowly dishwashers should jump when he spoke. He was merely a receptionist, but drove me nuts. I don't smoke, and never have. But the day I quit that job, I purposely lit up a big cigar so that I could extinguish it in his ever-present cocktail. The imagery is still strong when I see an effeminate guy. It's a simple case of guilt by association, especially if they have an over-size ego, which Prince deffinitely has.

Don't know why I'm going on about this, or even trying to justify my feelings. I just don't like the guy. I guess it's becasue I try so hard not to be predjudice about any group just because of some characteristic. I guess I'm trying to justify my feelings to myself.

Now there's a bit of self-evaluation for ya.:wacko:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I guess it's becasue I try so hard not to be predjudice about any group just because of some characteristic. I guess I'm trying to justify my feelings to myself.

Now there's a bit of self-evaluation for ya.:wacko:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North[/quote]

Hey Goodweed we are all prejudice. It means simply to prejudge. If you saw a tall person in a basketball uniform you may make the assumption that or prejudge him to play basketball. The problem begins when it becomes one of those "ism" or "ist" words like rasism or racist. Males with a better than thou ego put me off, and when you throw the very effemnate manorisms into the mix it's like nails on a chalk board to me too.

That being said I did like the show. I listened to Prince back in the 80's and don't mind hearing his songs if they happen to come on to the radio.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom