I don't like you guys anymore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've somehow lost a few pounds as well. But my weight has remained almost constant for the last 10 years. I was very slim unti I got married. Even then, for the first little while, I was able to keep it down. But every time my wife got pregnant (4 times), I got bigger. I call it sympathy growth. After 4 kids and learning how to cook whatever I might possibly desire, I topped out at about 60 lbs beyond my ideal weight. And no matter how hard I've exercised, or for how long, it just won't go away! Now add to that the cullinary expertise available on DC to fill in the knowledge gaps that I have, and the future of weight loss looks bleak indeed.

But I at least make healthy meals, as far as my knowledge will allow. And I have remained very active. But that weight is soooo stuborn. I sometimes wish I wasn't so passionate about food. But then I remember how much I like to create new recipes, and impress family members, and savor the flavors and the passion returns. Heavy sigh.

I know and feel what each and every one of you feels.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Know what, Weed (and everybody else)?

Yes, we'd like to not weigh so much that it damages our health. This is truie for some of us but not all of us.

However, when we don't look like the women and men in the fashion magazines, should we really give a rat's patootie (not that such a standard is everyone's goal, but still)?

Don't we all have people in our lives who love, cherish, or admire us for our other qualities? Of course, it's hard not to notice a nicely turned out specimen of the opposite sex (and I am an EXPERT on this one), but said specimens can open their mouths or do something that ruins everything that the visual presentation alone won't reveal.

I say we don't worry so much about what size our jeans are and worry more about the size of our hearts. Much more attractive in the long run, IMO, and more worth it.

Didn't intend to get on a soapbox here, but in case I did apologies all around.

Well said, bug. I must have a LOT going for me because no one is going to love me for my looks.

Hah! Hah I say. It's because y'all don't know how to cook a carrot cake that contains golden raisins, cranberries, walnuts, apple sauce, pineapple, etc., with Butter and Cream Cheese frosting the right way; or cheesecake either. I can make the tastiest carrot cake with frosting or Chocolate Swirl cheesecake and it doesn't contain 1 calorie. My problem though are the mashed potatoes and gravy! I can't make those without about 1,000 calories per bite! If y'all are really good, I'll teach you how to make the carrot cake and cheesecake with no calories!

Well don't forget we have a sister site www.DiscussFitness.com that also has some very nice, positive and great members. I think we should even think about tagging our healthy recipes and then have a feed of them running over there.

Now to go read the italian crossaint thread (man that sounds good right now)....

Andy R said:
Well don't forget we have a sister site www.DiscussFitness.com that also has some very nice, positive and great members. I think we should even think about tagging our healthy recipes and then have a feed of them running over there.

Kool Andy, I just signed up on that board, too:) So I shall see you around over there as well!! Are there anyone else who are also a member over there?
And I think the Diet and Nutrition section can use some input from us:-p

Dove said:
Girls...We are not fat...we are fluffy. :rolleyes: :angel:

lol, an old friend used to say that. also, that women don't sweat, they "glow".

so i said, "well then, you're glowin' like a pig!" :)

I was going to comment on all of this, but..

I'm not saying a thing!! :angel: :whistling :angel:
(It's safer that way...)

John

ronjohn55 said:
I was going to comment on all of this, but..

I'm not saying a thing!! :angel: :whistling :angel:
(It's safer that way...)

John
You're a very wise man Mr.RonJohn- very wise!!!!

BTW I just came back from the doctor who was very pleased that I had gained weight-though I wasn't- he also informed me now I can give blood-geez!So I guess it's my civic duty to give blood because I am now of normal weight!?:huh: At least they give you cookies afterwards!!!!:LOL:
Love and energy, Vicki

I would really like to see recipes for carrot cake and cheesecake with zero calories. I have a feeling someone is pulling the wool over our eyes! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom