"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Congratulations Bolas!!!!!
You are inspiration to me. I'm exercising 3 times a week & I'm eating right. I have lost 12 pounds with much much more to lose. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Congratulations! Just being able to say "I feel good," is quite an accomplishment. I smile when I think of how delighted your wife will be with your surprise. Have fun!

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
Ps Shagging, I nearly choked when I read that, it has a very different meaning in the UK.
I mentioned it to DH and we both had a giggle. I was wondering how to tactfully explain...
Old 03-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #24
Senior Cook

*looks for a rock to hide under* - I am STILL quite embarrased over that. Very innocent intention from my end. Will NEVER make THAT mistake again! (I HOPE)! LOL!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Merlot View Post
*looks for a rock to hide under* - I am STILL quite embarrased over that. Very innocent intention from my end. Will NEVER make THAT mistake again! (I HOPE)! LOL!
I googled shag and found out that there are a number of dances called shags and that to dance them is shagging. I had no idea.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #26
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I googled shag and found out that there are a number of dances called shags and that to dance them is shagging. I had no idea.
Then, you PLUS me = the same!....It's just a dance move that my mother & her friends enjoyed way-back-when. They ALL did the "shag" dance here in the US....just a bit funny how a word here can mean something quite different elsewhere. Again, I am all American, &, the term was meant in fun jest!
Bolas - can't help but wonder how your dancing evening went...shagging or no...still hope that you got a chance to "WOW your gal"!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:44 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Merl It was fun, I told my wife yesterday afternoon so she could get ready, What am I going to wear was the cry which was good as she did not focus on the whispered DINNER Dance, I only ate the Vegetarian main course option which was quite good and no booze. I put my soft knee support on, I fitted into one of my old suits which was a bonus if a bit snug still. Unfortunately the shag was not on the dance menu but the horizontal rumba was the last dance of a splendid evening
Old 04-15-2011, 04:16 AM   #28
Executive Chef

The first 10 week phase of my diet ends tonight, I have lost 31.5 lbs and the best thing apart from how great I feel is my man boobs have reduced from a floppy DD to a rather fetching and pert A
I now move up from 1200 cals a day to 1800 for the next 5 weeks by then I should be able to excersise in the gym fully. I put the gloves on and did a couple of rounds of sparring yesterday which hurt but I loved it, because of the probs with my right hand I am learning to use the south paw stance which left me wide open and starry eyed, I got caught with a beautiful right hook at the end of the second that even with a head guard on shook me to my pumps and I could not get up for the third
My wife gave me a terrible verbal bashing when I got home and wants to fight the guy herself
Old 04-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #29
Executive Chef

Congratulations Bolas on your weight loss! That is fabulous. Please do take care in the ring tho! Thanks for the giggle, I'm picturing your petite "fragrant" wife knocking some poor fellows block off! Lol!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #30
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
The first 10 week phase of my diet ends tonight, I have lost 31.5 lbs... I now move up from 1200 cals a day to 1800 for the next 5 weeks...
Congratulations on your weight loss! Sorry about your boxing bout, but your stamina and reflexes will improve with more exercise... and it would help if you stop hitting his glove with your face...