I feel good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
I have lost 24lbs so far and I am 10lbs off my target of 196lbs, I am 6ft 1" and 60yrs of age.
Yesterday I went to my docs for the results of the blood tests ect all were very good, my bp was so good she reduced my meds by 50%, but the best is she put off my knee surgery, the weight loss has had a dramatic impact on reducing the pain, she told me that every pound I lose is the equivilant of 3lbs impact on the knee per step, I noticed that I did not fall over once using the rotavator this week, my right hand hurts like hell though.
My wife loves dancing, we gave it up after my accident because I used to fall over, this weekend I am taking her to a local dinner dance as a suprise.
Life is good, I feel good da da da, just like I hoped I would, I feel fine da da da, because I dont fall on my behine:LOL:

Congratulations, Bolas! The food we ingest is sooooo so important to our health, I'm a firm believer that we could eliminate tons of diseases and the need to pop pills like candy if we all just paid proper attention to what goes into our bodies!! Love to hear success stories like yours.

And I hope you have a great time with your lady this weekend. =))

Nice story, Bolas. And that was an interesting body weight to knee impact tidbit you threw in. I will keep that in mind.

Could be very helpful to many of us if you would share your dieting regimin.
Its Diet Chef it simple you just get your partner to lock all the other food up and eat their prepared food with lots of green veg and some fruit.
Ps Bill mate I could murder a huge steak chips and at least 2 pints of Guinness followed by spotted dick and custard.

Last edited:
Congrats! I am 4 pounds away from being 1 pound LIGHTER than I was when I graduated high school. I am 50 now. Went from 249 to 227 right now, and my blood pressure dropped from 150s/90s to 130s/70s. :) Also instituted a stretching program, can touch my toes for the first time ever. :)
I use myfitnesspal.com to track calories and exercise... quite helpful.
Bolas, have a great time and dance the night away!

Its Diet Chef it simple you just get your partner to lock all the other food up and eat their prepared food with lots of green veg and some fruit.
Ps Bill mate I could murder a huge steak chips and at least 2 pints of Guinness followed by spotted dick and custard.
Thanks for the link. Looks like average meal portions run 300g and are 300 calories.

Wow Bolas! That's great. So glad your health is improved! Have a great time dancing with your DW!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Congrats to you Bolas!! VERY Sincerely too might I add. Your joy REALLY "tugged me ole' heartstrings"...I have AWFUL knees too :( When I was heavier, loads of tears I cried from pain. My options are A.) surgery, or B.) cortisone shots. (&, I suppose there is a C.- stay off of them most of the time). None of my options appeal much to me. Honestly though, I fear the cortisone shots the most. Had both of my knees done once in the same day, &...I gosh darn near died in my Dr's office. GOLLY IT HURT!!
Again, just wanted to send you a huge dose of happiness & *hugs even*...hope you & your wife have a fantastic time shaggin' it up on the dance floor!! :)

Congrats to you Bolas!! VERY Sincerely too might I add. Your joy REALLY "tugged me ole' heartstrings"...I have AWFUL knees too :( When I was heavier, loads of tears I cried from pain. My options are A.) surgery, or B.) cortisone shots. (&, I suppose there is a C.- stay off of them most of the time). None of my options appeal much to me. Honestly though, I fear the cortisone shots the most. Had both of my knees done once in the same day, &...I gosh darn near died in my Dr's office. GOLLY IT HURT!!
Again, just wanted to send you a huge dose of happiness & *hugs even*...hope you & your wife have a fantastic time shaggin' it up on the dance floor!! :)
Merl you have more guts than me, I had shots into my shoulder bone and hand bones but under local anesthetic 2 yrs ago, the Doc who did it is called Lourdes Gaspar:LOL: he is an Indian Christian and a good cook his recipe for lamb kebabs requie a deft touch.
Ps Shagging, I nearly choked when I read that, it has a very different meaning in the UK.

Merl you have more guts than me, I had shots into my shoulder bone and hand bones but under local anesthetic 2 yrs ago, the Doc who did it is called Lourdes Gaspar:LOL: he is an Indian Christian and a good cook his recipe for lamb kebabs requie a deft touch.
Ps Shagging, I nearly choked when I read that, it has a very different meaning in the UK.
LOL:LOL:....pelase forgive if my termonagly(sp) was a bit "off"...I thought on is some, &, figured it out FINALLY(thanks Austin Powers):ROFLMAO:...Now, if you & your wife have THAT much fun on the dance floor, I promise that I would look the other way, but STILL be would be quite happy for you anyhow! Funny little language differences, huh? LOL
As for those shots....UGH!! I drove to my appt. in a 5 speed BEAUTIFUL Mustang. Dr. said "no prob...you will be just fine to drive home", then, took these cow tranqualizer-looking shot tubes & proceeded to lodge the needles under my kneecaps....the Lord visited me that day I am sure of it...when you suck in air makiing a gasping noise with your eyes about to pop out - beware. My youngest daughter went w/me to that appt. I remember her saying(she was 6/7 at the time) "call a cab Mom....I don't think that you should drive this car -HOW are you gonna be able to use the clutch?!?!?!"...HAHAHA..I somehow made it home, but, didn't walk again for like 2 weeks. Dose wuz baaad times! :(

bolas, way to go!!! lol @ the public shagging.

when you're ready to take her for the last dance of the evening, whisper to her one of my favourite least known movie lines, paraphrased a bit, "don't you think i am aware you're my woman? i can smell you like a flower. i can taste you like sugar on my tongue. when I'm 20 feet away i can hear the fabric of your dress when you move in your chair!"

good luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom