I Feel Naked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a generous thing to do, middie!

I can relate--I have naturally curly hair too and if I let it go too short I look like I'm wearing a clown wig!:rolleyes:

But I'm sure you look great. Be sure to post a pic! Give it some time and you'll get used to it. You just made a big change!

Thats wonderful Middie! Your a wonderful person for doing something so caring as this. We'd sure like to see the new you.

I've wanted to donate mine but I don't think they'll accept mine since its been highlighted.

I've got about 2 more inches to go and it'll be down to my rear end. I haven't let it grow this long in a long time. I go through spurts and cut it all off so I know how you feel about feeling naked. What I hate is when its growing back out and it gets to that point at the shoulder area and its not long enough to fall on your back.......especially when you have to wear a coat.

I am growing mine out.......gettin ready for the Hippy Fest 2007.:ROFLMAO: Ok......if you don't like it within 30 days grow it back out. I usually takes that long to get used to something new.

Take Pic's!!!!!!
You will KNOW the Pic you take, brought "PURE JOY" to the person you helped, They DON'T have to take a PIC with "a WIG Hair" anymore! (everytime you look at it, know this)

My BESTEST Friend had to loose her's in order to SAVE her life..... (kemotherapy).....
Look in the Mirror.....ask yourself....how bad does this look?...I just gave somebody "real" hair, and mine will grow back, healthy, happy, and spilt ends!!!!:LOL:

God thanks you! and "NO AMOUNT of MONEY" can tell you how GREAT YOUR HAIR FEELS and LOOKS on MY BESTEST FRIEND:)

Thank You Middie......Thank You.

My sister was one of the recipients of the wigs made with donated hair. From the bottom of my heart...Thank you!

:) That was a great thing to do middie!Iv'e done it 3 times already as my hair grows really fast.The last time the girl cut my hair way shorter than I wanted I hated it but it grows out and actually it feels good when it's real short.Now all you hafto do is a quick shampoo and your done.
As for feeling naked think how naked the person with no hair feels.
Your just in shock right now, it will pass.

I think you are a wonderful person and beautiful for doing what you did!
Besides it's been so hot lately, it probably feels good!
I've got curls too so I know what you are going through. I use a product called sliquid by Sorbie to control mine.

Middie - you will LOVE your hair in no time. Use a curling shampoo and conditioner and a curling mousse and let it dry naturally - you will love it!!!! I gave up on the straightening and drying and crying LOL. You did a wonderful thing. A friend and her daughter donate their hair about every two years. You have made someone very happy middie.

I've wanted to donate mine but I don't think they'll accept mine since its been highlighted.

Sizz mine had all kinds of colors from dye to highlights going through mine and they took it without any problem.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. You're making me feel better about myself now !

Middie, I have been trying to grow my hair out for a few years but it doesn't grow much. When I was younger it would grow to my shoulder blades but no farther. Now it won't even get that long. I don't dye my hair or anything, but there was a section that was just getting frizzy, so I just got mine cut pretty short (to my jaw-line). What Alix said about using too much shampoo is so true! I was good about it this time, but I have gotten my hair cut way shorter before and it was hard to adjust the amount of shampoo. I think the weirdest thing is the first time you comb it after washing it. You expect the comb to keep going and suddenly it is just in the air! Or worse, you scrape your neck! You did a very nice thing Middie, and I'm proud of you.

:) Barbara

middie said:

Sizz mine had all kinds of colors from dye to highlights going through mine and they took it without any problem.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. You're making me feel better about myself now !

Thanks for the inf. Middie! I was going to ask my sylist when I went to him next if I was a canidate or not. If so then I will def. donate when the time comes for me to cut it.

SizzlininIN said:
Thanks for the inf. Middie! I was going to ask my sylist when I went to him next if I was a canidate or not. If so then I will def. donate when the time comes for me to cut it.

I was talking to my stylist telling her about our granddaughters doing this. She says it has to be at least 10" and in a pony tail. she had one she was getting ready to send off.

Gretchen said:
I was talking to my stylist telling her about our granddaughters doing this. She says it has to be at least 10" and in a pony tail. she had one she was getting ready to send off.

Yes I saw that. Right now its about 14 inches from where I'd have the length cut. I'm going to let it grow about 2 more inches though because I haven't had my hair down to my rear in forever. I usually get too impatient. It grows like a weed so I'm lucky. Had I known all this before I could of been donating for years. I'll def. be passing on this information to my friends.

:) I always sent highlighted hair they will do what they need to to it my last donation was at least 14 inches or more.What I would like to see is the process they go thru to decide what they will do with the hair donations and I would really love to know what they did with my hair or maybe a combination of mine and someone else and who got the hair. If we could see that I think more people would be motivated to donate, men with long hair included.

You know it's kind of sweet because there's about 4 of us from work that donated hair. So the people that don't have long hair is going and getting their hair cut shorter to show their support of us.

The store manager is thinking about sending the story to headquarters and having them put it in the 880 paper employees get in the mail.

middie said:
You know it's kind of sweet because there's about 4 of us from work that donated hair. So the people that don't have long hair is going and getting their hair cut shorter to show their support of us.

The store manager is thinking about sending the story to headquarters and having them put it in the 880 paper employees get in the mail.
That would be really neat. In fact, I think someone should tell the local newspaper or TV station. They are always looking for heartwarming human-interest stories.

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom