I felt like gambling...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I felt like gambling years ago when Martha Stewart's stock opened. I hope you have better luck than I did RF. MS stock is now worth 1/4 of what I bought it for. :mad:

I wouldn't even know how to start buying stock.

Martha is having difficulty finding a home for her show. October is her last month with Hallmark. Maybe with her ill-gotten millions, she can start her own channel like Oprah did. And Oprah's channel is struggling. She made it a premier channel and most of her audience cannot afford it. I am afraid Martha's heyday has past. She lost a lot of her credibility with the stock scandal. If the amount would have been in the millions at risk, her fans would have understood. The amount she saved with that one phone call from her broker was only in the thousands. She was on the Board of Directors of the Stock Exchange, along with being a former stock broker and should have known better. Now the amount she has lost in advertisers for her show is in the millions. This is one time when we all can honestly say, "Crime Never Pays." Too bad. She had the world by the tail. :(

So anyway, I sold my position with Face Book the other day and basically broke even. I watched it lose more than half its value and watched it come all the way back up just so I can get out without a loss....lol...

I've been actively trading AIG since 2009 and will continue to do so. So, anyone else play the stock market?

...So, anyone else play the stock market?
I have a handful of investments, mostly in tech stocks. Some have done well, others not so much. I bought a couple of shares of Google for the novelty factor way back when it was a little over $100/share. At the time I thought it was overpriced, but now that it's over $850/share I wish I had bought more. :glare:

Back
Top Bottom