I finally started exercising

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so proud of you, and what a great idea to make it family walks together in the evenings! Keep up the good work G!!

Tonight will be the real test. So far we have walked Monday and Tuesday. I get home from work and we go as soon as we get the kids ready. As soon as we get home I cook a quick dinner and then it is time to put the kids to bed.

Tonight we have plans after work though. We are taking the kids to a concert in the town common. We will be getting home around their bedtime. That means DW and I will have to walk separately on the treadmill in the hot basement. We will also be doing it when we are ready to relax on the couch. I am going to do it though, no matter what.

But you've already planned how to get your walk done rather than blowing it off. That's speaks to your commitment.

I agree with the ever-wise Andy M!
You know how to squish one in and that's what counts.
We had to skip walking last night but DH traded it for helping coach Jake's baseball game and I walked earlier in the day.

Committed I am. I just need to make sure I follow through. I am confident that I will though. This is just something that needs to get done, no excuses.

Doesn't excercise make you feel so much better and active GB? I know we're feeling it and we've managed to lose a couple of pounds in a week. I know you can do this.

Well to be honest, so far I am not feeling any better physically. Mentally though I feel great. Knowing that I am doing something to better myself and not just sitting on my butt is really a great thing.

I'm sure you're already aware of this but Oolong tea mixed with green tea a couple of times daily flushes out lots of toxins. We're also taking flaxseed oil capsules, Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil), Bayer aspirin with heart advantage and a multi-vitamin which helps a lot with cardiovascular support.

Nothing to do with the high cost of gas, but I've been bicycle commuting to work at least twice a week. Actually, I've been doing this for a few years. It's only a 12 mile round trip commute but I get a nice workout out of it if I push hard.

I have not missed a night yet. The past two nights were on the treadmill. Even though I love being outside, I found I got a much better workout on the treadmill. It forced me to keep up the pace instead of slowing when I wanted.

DW missed one night and she was going to skip last night too, but seeing me get on motivated her to do it. She told me that without me doing it she wouldn't do it so that motivates me to keep going too. Like anything, it is easier if you do it with friends.

Tonight will be hard. We are going to my parents house for dinner. I will go there right after work. We will not get home until late. I will just want to sit on the couch when we get home, but I won't. I will get on the treadmill. Originally I was only planning on walking Mon-Fri, but I have changed my mind and will try to do it 7 days a week.

Good for you GB!

I try to get some exercise in in the morning before the day has a chance to interfere with my plans. My problem is that I must tend to go too hard too soon, and old injuries tend to come back and derail me. (Either that, or I end up doing something stupid like dropping a big chunk of firewood on my foot and breaking some toes)

So far so good though. I hopped the the scale this morning and I am down about 30-35 pounds from this time last year. I actually had to go buy new pants and belts!

Good for you GB. That's awsome news Ron. You guys are pushing me to go for a long walk today. I haven't walked since Monday afternoon due to all the rain down here.

I did my weekly Sierra Club hike from 7 to 9 pm last night in nearby Griffith Park. I've been hiking with their level 4 group (levels 1 through 6 with 6 being the most strenuous) for several weeks now and decided to tackle level 5 last night for the first time. This level had a bit of jogging involved and the pace was very brisk and consistent which I really liked. I nearly finished off my 70oz camelbak by the end of the hike. I completed the hike and did not get dropped which I was happy about. I think I found a new group I can hang with!:)

Update

I have only missed one day so far. Last night I skipped walking. We were out late and if I walked then I would have missed my Sat night with my wife which is some of the only time each week that we get to spend with each other. I was not going to miss that so I made the decision that if I promised myself that I walk the following day no matter what then I could skip Saturdays walk.

DW went to get on the treadmill this morning and after a few minutes called me downstairs. The treadmill is broken. Figures, we have this thing for 5 years and almost never use it and now that we decide to put it to use it breaks. Well we didn't let it stop us. We went outside and went on a family walk. I pushed myself a little harder than I had in the past. I think the short time I have been walking already has given me just a little more juice than when I started. I would walk past my wife and kids on the hills and then circle back to them after the hills. DW was pushing the stroller up them (she wants the extra challenge) so the hills were more difficult for her than for me. I reached our end point at the same time as usual, but if you add in all the circling back I did then it was a longer distance in the same amount of time.

I will just have to make a point of walking outside until we can get the treadmill fixed, not that that is a bad thing. I enjoy being outside, but I get a more consistent workout on the treadmill. Each has its pluses and minuses.

Exercise, I try to do some form of exercise everyday. I have been going to aerobics 3 times week and yesterday for first time I visited the cemetery. As some of you know one of the workers there stopped my daily routine of walking 3 miles everyday by trying to hit me with the grave digger. The supervisor said maybe I was walking too close and he tried to avoid hitting me. Sure! His story. After walking up there for more than 7 years,then he has this problem? Well, anyway hence I have to go to class with aerobics. Now yesterday i walked not the full 3 miles but 2 or 2.5. Besides it was hot and I was concerned about time. Always the time! Today I notice that my legs and shoulders are kind of sore. Don't you think aerobics should give me workout that is just as good as walking? This surprises me as I figured aerobics was best form exercise someone could get. Just bothers me that my mother up in this cemetery and i will be soon and this young guy tries to discourage me from walking there. In my life, it seems the bad guys always win. I just can't let them change my thinking as it is my body and not his. He should do some form of exercise beside working the grave digger.

I have only missed one day so far. Last night I skipped walking. We were out late and if I walked then I would have missed my Sat night with my wife which is some of the only time each week that we get to spend with each other. I was not going to miss that so I made the decision that if I promised myself that I walk the following day no matter what then I could skip Saturdays walk.

DW went to get on the treadmill this morning and after a few minutes called me downstairs. The treadmill is broken. Figures, we have this thing for 5 years and almost never use it and now that we decide to put it to use it breaks. Well we didn't let it stop us. We went outside and went on a family walk. I pushed myself a little harder than I had in the past. I think the short time I have been walking already has given me just a little more juice than when I started. I would walk past my wife and kids on the hills and then circle back to them after the hills. DW was pushing the stroller up them (she wants the extra challenge) so the hills were more difficult for her than for me. I reached our end point at the same time as usual, but if you add in all the circling back I did then it was a longer distance in the same amount of time.

I will just have to make a point of walking outside until we can get the treadmill fixed, not that that is a bad thing. I enjoy being outside, but I get a more consistent workout on the treadmill. Each has its pluses and minuses.

Poor thing thought it was an art piece and you went and threw it into shock!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

good for the two of you for going walking!
I'm hoping I will get an okay tomorrow that I can do more and really get going on my eliptical.

Back
Top Bottom