I forgot my husbands birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now you're fully baked! :LOL: The card and the gift are not important to me, (but, heck yeah I like 'em). What is important, is to show your appreciation for the person & let them know how celebrated they are in your life. :)

Last edited:
I love all the suggestions about the "GIFT:rolleyes: ":LOL: .

I'm making a football cake from one of those pans and we are taking it to his grandson's house to eat after the game. I called his DIL and asked her to bring out the b'day decorations and we'll put candles on the cake!

We'll order pizza and have a little party...I'll come out on top.

HA! Now I can tell him, "How in the world did you think I forgot your birthday....your kids just wanted to celebrate with you".

Nah, I'll be honest.:-p

ChefJune said:
Now Jan, whenever he tries to make an issue about it, just smile sweetly and say, "If I had a quarter for every special event you forgot....." then let your voice trail off to nothing... :LOL: :LOL: 'cause we KNOW he's forgotten FAR more than one b'day or anny, now hasn't he?? Generally the only reason they remember at all is cause WE remind 'em! :rolleyes:

Not nice!:dry:

10.gif

You blew it, Darling.

You should have looked him square in the eye and said "Dear, don't you remember I said 'happy birthday' when we first woke up? Then I made you a special breakfast (insert whatever his favourite is). Dear, don't you remember picking out your favourite meal for dinner, too? And dear....don't you remember the nookey, (or whatever you call it).

Stick to your story, don't give an inch. Insist you did all these things and then ask him if he's feeling well. Offer to take him to the physician, too. Keep at it.

You can always say 'well, at least I didn't forget all the wonderful things done for me on my birthday'....

It's still not too late to recant. Just go with my way, and pretend you never confessed. Give it a try.

VeraBlue said:
You blew it, Darling.

You should have looked him square in the eye and said "Dear, don't you remember I said 'happy birthday' when we first woke up? Then I made you a special breakfast (insert whatever his favourite is). Dear, don't you remember picking out your favourite meal for dinner, too? And dear....don't you remember the nookey, (or whatever you call it).

Stick to your story, don't give an inch. Insist you did all these things and then ask him if he's feeling well. Offer to take him to the physician, too. Keep at it.

You can always say 'well, at least I didn't forget all the wonderful things done for me on my birthday'....

It's still not too late to recant. Just go with my way, and pretend you never confessed. Give it a try.

VB, you are an evil and wicked woman!:ohmy:

Don't put ideas into this woman's head when she's prepared to give her hubby the "gift" AND end up on top to boot!:angel:

If the 'gift' is what I think it is:brows:, then all the more reason to say she's already presented it. Then, start whimpering and ask if he didn't like it...:devilish:

Don't feel too badly, Half-Baked. I totally forgot our 15th anniversary, and HH, who is not the most articulate of men, had given me a card with a very heartfelt written message. He has been kind enough not to remind me of it.

He really is very decent. My mom once sent him a birthday card addressed to him with my maiden name, and he loves to tease her about that one!

Half Baked said:
Now I'm laughing :ROFLMAO: because this will be held over my head for the rest of my life. No matter what he doesn't do, he'll be able to say, "Well, at least I didn't forget your birthday!".

Life as I've known it is over. :doh:

That's the best gift you could have given him. Tell him you did it on purpose.

Every post is perfect!!! Thanks all. :ROFLMAO:

Cara, where did you find that graemlin? :LOL:

Vera, I wish you lived next door to me.

Thanks Cara, those are fun!

Well, this evening I neglected to put forks out for dessert and Mr HB popped up to get them...then it started.:ROFLMAO: omg he was so funny. I had forgotten the whole day but he remembered.

*deep sigh* I guess I have to do it allllll, now. Then he reminded me that on Tuesday, he didn't even have coffee because I usually make it the night before and I had just neglected to do it. He didn't look because I always make it.

Then he said, "You cook every night that we don't go out, EXCEPT on my birthday....you order pizza in. We have cake or some dessert every night.....except on birthday! He went on and on.... I was rolling on the floor. It was all true and I had forgotten.

I told him I thought about getting a belated card today but was afraid it would remind him. Then he fell on the floor laughing.

BTW, did I mention that I bought 2 bottles of champagne and we had finished them?
39.gif
Perhaps that's why everything seemed so funny.:LOL:

Rest assured, I've already put it in the computer to remind me everyday for a week before Sept 26 next year.

Back
Top Bottom