I forgot my husbands birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
Mr HB's birthday was Sept 26th and I took him to Home Depot to pick out whatever he wanted on the weekend before. We happy birthdayed and went out to dinner but I completely forgot about it last Tuesday.

I didn't have a card or a cake. I didn't wish him Happy Birthday. I feel soooooooooo bad. I'm lower than a snake. Crappola.

Now I'm laughing :ROFLMAO: because this will be held over my head for the rest of my life. No matter what he doesn't do, he'll be able to say, "Well, at least I didn't forget your birthday!".

Life as I've known it is over. :doh:

HB, don't feel bad! I forgot hubby on father's day a couple of years ago. I couldn't figure out why he wouldn't talk to me the next day & realized when we went to bed what I'd done. Even worse, I remembered my dad & got him a present & card!

Since you took him to Home Depot & all before his birthday, you technically didn't forget.

Let's just say you guys celebrated a few days early. He had a trip to his toys R us, um, I mean Home Depot, then a dinner. You should be justified enough if you ask me, well, if not you always have that little orangutan to blame it on...:LOL:

as i guy..i think u fulfilled your obligation with the trip to home depot...how ever, u definately can *apologize without words* and im sure he wont mind...no guy does!!! ;-)

Half Baked said:
Now I'm laughing :ROFLMAO: because this will be held over my head for the rest of my life. No matter what he doesn't do, he'll be able to say, "Well, at least I didn't forget your birthday!".

Life as I've known it is over. :doh:
Now Jan, whenever he tries to make an issue about it, just smile sweetly and say, "If I had a quarter for every special event you forgot....." then let your voice trail off to nothing... :LOL: :LOL: 'cause we KNOW he's forgotten FAR more than one b'day or anny, now hasn't he?? Generally the only reason they remember at all is cause WE remind 'em! :rolleyes:

HB, I can see why you feel bad. I would, too. Don't discount that trip to Home Depot and the nice dinner, though. If I took my husband to Home Depot, he'd be one happy camper!

everytime he brings it up have fun with it i am sure you know how
to make him quiet and forget all about it real quick:rolleyes:

mugsy27 said:
as i guy..i think u fulfilled your obligation with the trip to home depot...how ever, u definately can *apologize without words* and im sure he wont mind...no guy does!!! ;-)

That's not an apology, that's the birthday present.

When my daughter was 12, I forgot it was her birthday in the morning while taking her to school. I hear about it still. She's 31 YO.

Half don't feel bad. It happens from time to time. You can always make it up somehow. Have a belated birthday surprise party or something like that.

don't feel bad hb.

we didn't celebrate my birthday last year. dw said she was so busy with the baby the she had no time to shop, and offered to take me to a store to get something that day, but it seemed like it was too much of a bother so i just skipped it.
same went for father's day, and it's looking like this year's birthday will be the same.

the odd thing is i don't need or really want anything, so the lack of a gift doesn't bother me. a card or a hug woulda been nice, but you can't get blood from a stone.

i would have been happy with the present mugsy suggested, tho. :shifty: :brows:

andy, it's either an apology, or a gift, depending on the effort. :cool:

Last edited:
HB - 2 years ago my h and kids all forgot it was my birthday (not easy to, as it's usually within a day or two of Thanksgiving). I didn't say anything till 9:30 that night. I just quietly told them and went to bed. My boys immediately ran to their rooms and made beautiful cards. (they obviously got this from me because...) my h said "hmmm. oh well." that was it. I never even got a card or a hug.

Do this for your husband....Call him right now! Call and tell him that you can't believe you forgot his special day and that you'd like to take him out for a special treat tonight. Cancel whatever plans you have and take him out! Perhaps an evening picnic under the stars with a bottle of wine would be nice.

PeppA forgot my B-day this year. Honestly, I'm with BT, I don't want or need anything, but a cake would have been nice.

Ahhhh, no one likes to be forgotten.
But, do a few nice things for him and you're sure to be forgiven.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom