I gave up Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good for you Bolas!

Both at once will make for some exciting conversations!:ermm:

I also quit a couple of years ago using Chantix, for one month.

It is one of the toughest things I have ever done.

I wish you both great success.

We both went to see Nurse Prune at the health center she gave us a months supply of patches and Gum for free.She was bereft of a sense of humor:)

We both went to see Nurse Prune at the health center she gave us a months supply of patches and Gum for free.She was bereft of a sense of humor:)

You need a nurse with a sense of humor.:ermm: Life isn't worth it unless there's some laughter. Nurse Prune...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nurse Prune... wasn't that Professor Plum's mother?

Good luck. I stopped cold turkey. Everytime I knew that I would have smoked a pack I threw 5 bucks in a glass. That was my goal, to build up my mad money stash.

way to go, bolas! you just bought yourself the precious gift of additional life and breathing time. don't look back--not ever. good luck!! :)

(believe me, if i can do it, anybody can.)

Congrats Bolas!!! If I can do it, I'm certain you can!

I quit 8 years ago this next April 1st.

I quit on Thanksgiving Day, 2004. I used Zyban. Similar to Chantix, it's a mild antidepressant with no nicotine involved, so you can use it and still smoke if you really have to. What I found was, if I kept my cigarettes and lighter as far away as possible, such as outside on the balcony, I wanted to have a smoke, but it was too much trouble to go get one. Especially at O-dark-thirty when its 42F outside and you're sleeping in a heated waterbed!

There really wasn't much available in they way of quit smoking aids back in 1977 when I quit last. It wasn't easy.

Wow, Bolas! Congrats to you and to all the other exsmokers. Some day, I hope....

Congrats to you and your wife Bolas!!

I'm a new non smoker too!!.........I had the last cigarette of my life 47 days ago and I've never felt better. I tried to quit many years ago and failed but I think it's easier in this society where smokers are rare and sadly, they are treated so badly. I swear I'll never be an obnoxious non smoker making snide comments to or about smokers.
I'll not make the mistake again of thinking I can have "just one"........I know I'm addicted to tobacco, so that's not an option. I used the nicotine patches at first, but am off of them now too. I found that I had to remove the patch for sleeping or I had really wild disturbing dreams. I just returned from Hawaii, and for the first time I snorkeled face down for over an hour. My breathing is better than it's ever been, and I didn't have to come up even once to cough!
I'd say "best of luck" to you Bolas, but it really has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with commitment. ;)
I'm sure in your corner, buddy........:clap:

Back
Top Bottom