"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-13-2008, 02:55 AM   #1
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I Get to Go See My Family!!!

I haven't seen most of my family in almost 5 years (5 years this May--saw my sister a couple years ago). The last time I saw my daughter she was 23 (28 1/2 now), my grandson Andrew had just turned 5 (almost 10 now), and my granddaughter Hannah was almost 2 (7 this coming June). My daughter found a really good price for a flight, so she booked it and I am going to go see them for 2 weeks in March. I will also see my dad and my sister (possibly my nephew, if he decides to come around). We are all so excited! Plus I will be there for Andrew's 10th birthday!

I will definitely miss James (he has school so can't come) and he will miss me. He is a little worried about me flying (just because he loves me). I will also miss Cubbie and the cats. We will have to make arrangements for Cubbie to be taken care of. It will be nice to take a trip for pleasure though. The last 2 times I flew home was for my mom's funeral and my aunt's memorial service a year later.

Now I just have to lose about 7,000 pounds in a month!

WooHoo!!!!

Barbara

Old 02-13-2008, 04:28 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Excellent news Barbara!! You will probably be too busy to miss the cats and Cubbie too much and two weeks will fly by. How far is "your own warped little world" from your family?

Old 02-13-2008, 04:45 AM   #3
Executive Chef

That is so wonderful!!!! I can't believe you haven't seen your family in 5 years! Make sure you take lots of pictures!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:12 AM   #4
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
Excellent news Barbara!! You will probably be too busy to miss the cats and Cubbie too much and two weeks will fly by. How far is "your own warped little world" from your family?
Almost 3,000 miles! I'm in South Carolina and they are in San Diego County, California. I can't wait!!

Barbara
Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
So happy for you, this was meant to be. Have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I bet they are just as excited to see you!
Congrats, I am glad for you that it a happy occasion that you get to go. Too often I only get to visit people far away because of a funeral.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #7
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Barb, I am so happy for you! I hope you have a great time, and it doesn't fly by too fast. I am not a parent, but I am sure you are grinning ear to ear at the thought of seeing your daughter and grandkids!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #8
Head Chef

Barb, have a wonderful time. How exciting for you. God bless.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
Executive Chef

No Worry

No need to worry about extra pounds, who will notice when they are just thankful to see you! What a gift! I bet you will want to take the grandchildren back with you. I wouldn't want to be around when you have to come back however, since you have James waiting for you, good reason. Wishing you happy and safe trip. don't forget about us. Want to know everything. (almost everything) Happy for you.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Barb, I don't know anyone who deserves this more. You will be in heaven..I'm so happy for you..Make sure you get pictures, cant wait to see the kids now..Have a wonderful trip and have fun. Be safe.
kadesma