I got a grill for Xmas...YIPEE!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
I have been wanting a gas grill for a while now and due to budget reasons I didn't get one. Anways, Mom & Dad got me a Weber Q gas grill!!! :D :D :D This is exactly the one I wanted to get. It has the nice Weber quality and is small enought to fit on my tiny apartment patio.

DH and I will be doing nothin' but grilling for at least the next week!! hahahaha Even in the rain and cold! I'm going to roast a whole chicken today! Wish me luck. The little booklet said I should cook it for about one to one and a half hours.

A question to you all, any creative things you recommend I try with this new bad boy?

I have never tried it myself, but my parents have grilled a pork tenderloin on the grill and it comes out absolutely delicious. I would just rub it all over with your favorite blend of herbs and grill away. I would make sure that the temperature of the grill is low enough, so that it does not cook too fast. Just make sure that it gets done internally by checking the internal temperature. It should be at least 145 to 160 degrees F.

htc...Weber also makes a really compact stand for your new "Q". I am with SierraCook...grilled pork tenderloin on the grill is awesome. I rub my spices on it...put it in a container in the fridge....leave all day and throw it on the "Q" when I get home. MMMMM...can taste it now. My kids are to the point now they won't eat a pork chop...has to be a tenderloin. There is no bone...no fat....solid meat. Let me know what other types of food you like and I will fire some more recipes your way. Pst 8)

htc, if you like pork chops, try my dirty chops and peppers recipe.
put 7 or 8 black peppercorns, 3 or 4 allspice berries, and a good pinch of large crystal sea salt in a mortar and pestle. grind together, blend in a half teaspoon of powdered garlic (not garlic salt), and rub onto thick cut pork chops, the thicker the better for the grill. i prefer chops about an inch to 2 inches thick, that look like small t-bone steaks, with both loin and tenderloin meats on the bone.
prepare grill on medium-high, grill chops on both sides until firm but not overcooked, plate and top with pickled hot banana pepper rings, or chopped pickled pepperoncinos, and splash on a little of the pickle brine.
serve with a plain starch like wild or brown rice, and fried sweet plantains.

Pst, first thing I did on the 26th was to go buy the stand & cover. :) I'm all set. I will try doing a pork tenderloin on the grill. I actually have one in the freezer as we speak. My chicken turned out pretty darn good. We're having it for lunch today.

Bucky, I love pork chops, so will have to try your recipe. Can I get allspice berries in the bulk section on the seasoning aisle at the grocery store? I've never used this before...

Thanks

I still love my grill. I don't know that I can do as much with it as I thought I could, but then I haven't tried. I use it when I need quick heat. But for a slow low cooking, I don't know that it's capable of that. It only has a round ring burner, not like the bigger grills that have multiple burners. And to be honest, I haven't taken a pork butt and tried it on the Q yet (afraid to waste a big chunk of meat)...but I should soon, now that I think about it.:)

I look forward to hearing your review once you do. I don't use my Ducane *nearly* as much as I should. I've used the rotisserie *once* since I got it 8 years ago.:blush:

Back
Top Bottom