I Got A Raise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
YAY!! I just got my first pay check of the year for subbing & I got a $10.50 a day raise! I had heard roumers & was asked by several teachers if the school district was giving substitutes a raise this year, but I had not heard anything official about it. Well, needless to say I was happily surprised when I got my check in the mail this afternoon.

Fantastic and I must say all you teachers more than deserve it...YEA!!!!!

kadesma:)

Congrats Crewsk! Time for a party I think!
10.gif

Thanks y'all! So far I've only subbed 4 1/2 days & I already have a day, maybe 2, in December lined up to work. I've had several teachers tell me that when they need a sub that they will be calling me so that's a big plus.

Oh, if someone can please tell me, why do boys do stupid (for lack of a better word right now) stuff?:ermm: TC's teacher came to me today during lunch & said she had to get on to him for acting like he was going to staple his tounge!!!:ohmy: :rolleyes: He actually had his tounge in the stapler!:sick: I wanted to throttle him!

My sister is a teacher and my girlfriend is almost a teacher (one more year left of school). The cooking school I graduated from called me last year to be an adjunct teacher there. I almost got the job. At that time, I missed the minimum field experience by 3 months. The high school I graduated from has been in contact with me in regards to teaching a cooking class there. I have my 2nd interview at the end of the month.

Teachers are awesome. You're awesome crewsk.

RJ

Congrats Ardge! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I think it'd be fun & rewarding to teach high school kids to cook.

Thanks, but I just fill in for the real teachers, they have the hard job!:)

Yeah for you, Crewsk!!!

1. Hopefully you'll get more work days soon - maybe you'll get lucky and a teacher will need a maternity leave!
2. As for your boy....sounds like an Adam Sandler movie to me! (you know I love those)

3. Ardge! Woo-Hoo to you! Best of luck!

crewsk said:
YAY!! I just got my first pay check of the year for subbing & I got a $10.50 a day raise! I had heard roumers & was asked by several teachers if the school district was giving substitutes a raise this year, but I had not heard anything official about it. Well, needless to say I was happily surprised when I got my check in the mail this afternoon.
Cash it now, before they change their minds!

jkath said:
Yeah for you, Crewsk!!!

1. Hopefully you'll get more work days soon - maybe you'll get lucky and a teacher will need a maternity leave!
2. As for your boy....sounds like an Adam Sandler movie to me! (you know I love those)

3. Ardge! Woo-Hoo to you! Best of luck!

Thanke everyone!

Jkath, I wish I could geta maternity leave job but they only use cetified teachers for those since it's long term.:(

I thought of Adam Sandler (love those too) or Jack A@@ (I hate those). His nana said he was just being a boy....there's no explination needed for that!:LOL:

crewsk said:
Thanks y'all! So far I've only subbed 4 1/2 days & I already have a day, maybe 2, in December lined up to work. I've had several teachers tell me that when they need a sub that they will be calling me so that's a big plus.

Oh, if someone can please tell me, why do boys do stupid (for lack of a better word right now) stuff?:ermm: TC's teacher came to me today during lunch & said she had to get on to him for acting like he was going to staple his tounge!!!:ohmy: :rolleyes: He actually had his tounge in the stapler!:sick: I wanted to throttle him!
A very simple answer crewsk....GIRLS!!!!!!:-p
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom