"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

He said he absolutely loves his. He said there are phones out there with many more features than the iPhone, but for simplicity the iPhone can't be beat. He also said that they do not get any advanced notice on changes, but that Mac World happens on Jan 5 and that is where they will announce any new things on the horizon. He could not say enough good things about it though.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:58 AM   #12
Sous Chef

I wish I could get a new phone! I have mine glued together, It has cracked and breaks in half all the time. But I have to wait tell April to get a new one. :(

Old 12-19-2007, 08:26 PM   #13
Senior Cook

it is sooo easy operate. You turn it on and look at the icons. You press what you need. If you need the calender you tap on the icon that has a calendar with the date on it. The most is learning the icons and learning the internet stuff. It is incredibly awesome to have the internet anywhere I go. If I'm at the store and want to check to see if I have all the ingredients for a recipe...I can.
the first thing I put on it was our wedding song and pictures of my husband and I by a local river that we took of ourselves..
The pictures it takes are incredible. (not as good as my kodak) but certainly up there. The phone is soo worth it! Its only an extra 20 bucks a month for the cell phone bill- so that it can be on the internet all the time. It also picks up wireless networks. It is just overall an awesome and amazing phone. Its great for people who aren't too tech savvy and its incredible for those who are. My husband jailbroke it..so i can install all different applications and games on it. It's really cool. I highly recommend it! We'll be getting one for Mike eventually..
Old 12-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAchef View Post
I wish I could get a new phone! I have mine glued together, It has cracked and breaks in half all the time. But I have to wait tell April to get a new one. :(
Can't you call the phone company for a new one, or is it out of warranty?
that stinks. When you can get a new one, I highly recommend the iphone!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #15
Chief Eating Officer

I just got my iPhone too.This thing is amazing. I am typing this message on it actually. It is so easy to use and it does so much. I love having the Internet wherever I go.

I have considered jailbreaking mine, but so far have decided not to. Maybe once my warranty is up I will consider it.

Tdiprincess have you found any good websites for your iPhone yet? I just found Munda.com which let's you use AOL IM, MSN, Gtalk, and a few others I think.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #16
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom View Post
heheh cool, does this one do MMS? the one in Australia doesn't. Maybe u have better sw ;)
No it does not do MMS, but there are ways around that by using certain websites.