"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
Master Chef

Angry I got ripped off!!!

It took pouting to get my camera.
Hubby just traded in his truck for a new one!!!!
No fair!!

You guys and your trucks!!

Old 12-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I know what you mean, TG. My husband spends all our $$$ (that we don't even have) to buy expensive tools for his wood shop, but I feel guilty when I start to consider buying something I don't need. I usually rationalize that it isn't something I need, that we can't afford it and do without, meanwhile the husband is at home ordering new things on the computer. The tools in his shop are worth more than everything in our house.

Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Master Chef

I guess I really can't complain. He normally doesn't do stuff like this. He's very tight with his money. He has a garage full of tools,but, he does remodeling, so, he uses them all often enough that they pay for themselves and he'll only buy something new if something is broke.
I'm just being a brat I better get to drive it though!!
Old 12-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Yeah... Paulie does that too. You wouldn't believe how much money
he's spent on hunting stuff. We need the "free" meat. lol!!

But.. he's very generous with me and he works and I don't... so I guess I really can't complain too much.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
Master Chef

He just drove it up here. It sure is pretty though. He normally gets a white truck, this one is black. He gave me my key, but, don't know when he'll let go of it long enough for me to drive. LOL
Old 12-19-2005, 04:10 PM   #6
Executive Chef

DH is on the short end of the stick in this family. Some woman love shoes, I love electronic gadgets. Computers, ipods, digital cameras, palm pilots, etc. He gets a bowling ball every so often. But he did get his new truck, so I guess we're even.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:46 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

I think texasgirl needs to ask Santa for her own new truck next year.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:57 PM   #8
Master Chef

Well, I already told hubby that I want a truck in 07, so my car will be 4 years old and paid down enough to still get a descent trade in. I've never had a truck. My first one was an 94 T-bird and now I have an Escape, which I absolutely hate!
Old 12-20-2005, 03:17 AM   #9
Sous Chef

We have a pawn shop within walking distance. It's nice. Anytime I find myself in need of a tool I don't own I check them out first. They usually have what I need and are willing to dicker over the price

Although I will admit that a trip to Sears for me is like turning a bulimic loose in a chocolate factory but I don't mind second hand tools as long as they get the job done. Money's kinda tight though so I don't even go to the pawn shop unless it's something I really need, something I'm not going to use once and toss in the box forever and something I can't borrow.

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:47 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

i don't remember the last time i bought something for myself. maybe about 5 years ago i bought new skis and boots.
most of my sporting goods and tools that i've bought in the past are top of the line so that they'll last . dw never understood that back then, why i always researched and bought the best of something, but i think now she's getting it since i haven't splurged in a long time. i don't need much being a dad. just 2 arms for hugs.

Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote