I got ripped off!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
It took pouting to get my camera.
Hubby just traded in his truck for a new one!!!!
No fair!!:angry:

You guys and your trucks!!

I know what you mean, TG. My husband spends all our $$$ (that we don't even have) to buy expensive tools for his wood shop, but I feel guilty when I start to consider buying something I don't need. I usually rationalize that it isn't something I need, that we can't afford it and do without, meanwhile the husband is at home ordering new things on the computer. The tools in his shop are worth more than everything in our house.

I guess I really can't complain. He normally doesn't do stuff like this. He's very tight with his money. He has a garage full of tools,but, he does remodeling, so, he uses them all often enough that they pay for themselves and he'll only buy something new if something is broke.
I'm just being a brat:LOL: I better get to drive it though!!

:) Yeah... Paulie does that too. You wouldn't believe how much money
he's spent on hunting stuff. We need the "free" meat. lol!!

But.. he's very generous with me and he works and I don't... so I guess I really can't complain too much.

He just drove it up here. It sure is pretty though. He normally gets a white truck, this one is black. He gave me my key, but, don't know when he'll let go of it long enough for me to drive. LOL

DH is on the short end of the stick in this family. Some woman love shoes, I love electronic gadgets. Computers, ipods, digital cameras, palm pilots, etc. He gets a bowling ball every so often. But he did get his new truck, so I guess we're even.:)

Well, I already told hubby that I want a truck in 07, so my car will be 4 years old and paid down enough to still get a descent trade in. I've never had a truck. My first one was an 94 T-bird and now I have an Escape, which I absolutely hate!

We have a pawn shop within walking distance. It's nice. Anytime I find myself in need of a tool I don't own I check them out first. They usually have what I need and are willing to dicker over the price :mrgreen:

Although I will admit that a trip to Sears for me is like turning a bulimic loose in a chocolate factory but I don't mind second hand tools as long as they get the job done. :) Money's kinda tight though so I don't even go to the pawn shop unless it's something I really need, something I'm not going to use once and toss in the box forever and something I can't borrow.

~ Raven ~

i don't remember the last time i bought something for myself. maybe about 5 years ago i bought new skis and boots.
most of my sporting goods and tools that i've bought in the past are top of the line so that they'll last . dw never understood that back then, why i always researched and bought the best of something, but i think now she's getting it since i haven't splurged in a long time. i don't need much being a dad. just 2 arms for hugs.

Dad doesn't worry about trucks! It is computers!!!!

Cameron

texas... that sounds like something the idiot would do. for example my mother's giving me a car. idiot said he's going to drive it and i can drive his crappy old beater. he does stuff like this all the time to me. however this time i put my foot down and told him if he takes my car i'm going to report it stolen. he always buys something new that we don't need and gives me the "hand-me-down" and tells everybody that he got me a "new-so and-so"

buckytom said:
i don't remember the last time i bought something for myself. maybe about 5 years ago i bought new skis and boots.
most of my sporting goods and tools that i've bought in the past are top of the line so that they'll last . dw never understood that back then, why i always researched and bought the best of something, but i think now she's getting it since i haven't splurged in a long time. i don't need much being a dad. just 2 arms for hugs.

Bucky... you say the nicest things.
:):):)

middie said:
texas... that sounds like something the idiot would do. for example my mother's giving me a car. idiot said he's going to drive it and i can drive his crappy old beater. he does stuff like this all the time to me. however this time i put my foot down and told him if he takes my car i'm going to report it stolen. he always buys something new that we don't need and gives me the "hand-me-down" and tells everybody that he got me a "new-so and-so"

I would have PLANTED my foot instead of putting it down:LOL:

But to plant a foot is not logical. Were you planning on growing a corn?! :w00t:
Thats my "Commander Data" from Star Trek impersonation. Thanks! I'll be here all week. :rolleyes:

I didnt get a new car, but I DID get new tires!! The Goodyear Assurance TripleTred.
oct2k4_goodyear.jpg

Yes. Im excited. :-p

Back
Top Bottom