I Got The Job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck on the new job Dina! I hope this doesn't mean you won't be making the cassava cake anymore ... :whistling

Dina said:
I had applied for a 2nd grade position about a month ago and the board FINALLY met last night and hired me. Yey! I will be teaching at the elementary school where my kids are at and I'm so thankful and happy for that. I'm so excited and thank you Alix for your prayers. Hugs,

I am so excited for you DINA, I hope you had a Great first day as you will be reading this after your first day. You will make a Great Teacher ! Congratulations :cool:

I'm so sorry I'm just now replying and thank you all so much for the congrats! I am excited about it but at the same time, EXHAUSTED! There is just so much to do and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. Whew! Things will get better, I'm hopeful. Got to run....hugs to you all.

Dina - Congratulations!!! Take a deep breath, line out what you need to get down and start from the top and work your way down. It will all get done honey! Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

Way to go, Dina! Congrats! :)

applephoto.jpg

Last edited:
Hi ya'll. I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!! Thanks for the apple Mish. I actually have one everyday to keep the Doc away... Things are getting better and the kids are getting adjusted. I have a challenging group so I need to work extra hard to bring them up to the level. Boy, do I miss cooking but have no time for it! I have been buying lots of Sara Lee, Stouffers and a new crock pot freezer meal I'm excited to make this week. I even got a couple of frozen loaves of bread...yikes! Talk to you all soon..I'm off to read up on some posts if I don't doze off first and fall off this chair.
p.S. I've lost 7 pounds in a week and a half. I know it's not good, much less healthy but stress is eating up my fat. Eew!

Last edited:
Dina, I'm glad you like your job! You will learn to love that crock pot! I have tried the frozen crock foods and the one I like is the chicken and dumplings - it is very good. I'm a carb girl though, so I serve it over rice!:-p

Boy, do I miss cooking but have no time for it! I have been buying lots of Sara Lee, Stouffers and a new crock pot freezer meal I'm excited to make this week. I even got a couple of frozen loaves of bread...yikes! Talk to you all soon..I'm off to read up on some posts if I don't doze off first and fall off this chair.
p.S. I've lost 7 pounds in a week and a half. I know it's not good, much less healthy but stress is eating up my fat. Eew![/quote]

On the flip side of crockpot cooking, why not drag out your pressure cooker from the back of the pantry? Especially now that we're turning our thoughts to stick-to-the-ribs kind of meals for cooler weather. The pressure cooker can be just as good a friend as your crockpot.

Dina, I just saw a copy of the November issue of Woman's Day magazine. They have a feature, beginning on page 131, on crockpot meals that includes recipes. There are recipes for 2 chicken, 2 beef, 1 pork and 1 lamb dish. This might help with something new for your family.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom