"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #11
Head Chef
Relax enjoy your family.. Not bad at all just getting smart make something later in the year when there is not so much stress Christmas was ment to be enjoyed, not put through a wringer.

Cook with passion or don't cook at all
Dave Hutchins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #12
Head Chef
Constance, why are you feeling guilty?

Christmas is so much more than someone baking. You raised this child. The dinner is about love, nothing else.

If you need a hug you got it from me.

Before criticizing a person, walk a mile in his shoes - then you are a mile away and you have his shoes!
auntdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:14 PM   #13
Sous Chef
The ONLY reason you should be sorry is if you eat that Chocolate truffle cake before they get there...and maybe i help u...then you'll be sorry cos i ate it all and left u none ;)
Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:40 AM   #14
Executive Chef
i'm here to tell you that I would not be disappointed with a boughten chocolate truffle cake and cheesecake enjoy the family!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:16 AM   #15
Master Chef
Clean and sober......such music to the hearts and souls of any parent...... My what a celebration you have planned after all the years of heartache.......you're an awesome stepmom to accept him back----the goodies sound wonderful no matter where they come from---acceptance has no price....and I know that it will do wonders for his self-esteem and the healing of hearts.....wishing you much joy!
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:31 AM   #16
Senior Cook
If you think you really should make something..do it with your grandson. It would be good for him in many ways.
sage™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:44 AM   #17
Sous Chef
Connie, Don't worry!! You have your boy! Enjoy the time God has given you with store bakeries and spend it catching up on the huggin and the lovin!! I just saw my nephew for 24 hours , after not seeing him for 4 years. I let everything else go; dishes,laundry, cooking, even DC(!). Don't feel guilty. Hugs from me to you. Dawn T :>)
DawnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:32 AM   #18
Master Chef
You are all so kind. Seeing our boy like this, after all the times we saw him eaten up with meth and pills, truly is a Christmas miracle.
He's off the street now, staying with his married cousin, but because of all we went through with him, he had been afraid to come see us. My blessed daughter finally convinced him that we loved and missed him.

The meal tonight will be a rib-eye roast, stuffed with garlic cloves, peppered, and packed in rock salt, then baked until medium rare. We'll have au juice gravy (from a packet), mashed potatoes, fresh broccoli and dinner rolls (Pillsbury's frozen). Then, of course, the chocolate truffle cake for dessert.
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #19
Sous Chef
Sounds like a feast fit for a King!
DawnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #20
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Constance View Post
I be sorry...I be gettin' old.
Never feel that way. You are precious to their eyes and to ours. Stop beating yourself for not having the energy, gad you bought delightfully delicious things.

...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote