I guess I'm awful...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I have always made wonderful desserts for the holidays, and I may yet come up with an apple crisp for Christmas day. But tomorrow, we're have a birthday dinner for the estranged grandson we raised. My daughter brought him to me last Tuesday afternoon, all clean, straight and sober.
Then our out of town kids are coming Sat.

I bought a Chocolate Truffle cake for tomorrow, and a big cheesecake, divided into quarters of different recipes, all with chocolate included.

I be sorry...I be gettin' old. :ermm:

Connie, cooking is only fun when it doesn't feel like a chore or an obligation.

Lose the guilt and enjoy spending time with your family!

I'd love to try the desserts you bought! :)

Lee

Hey, Connie!!! Just put on your best Sandra Lee impression and go on as if there are no cares in the world. Enjoy your grandson and have fun.

I have always made wonderful desserts for the holidays, and I may yet come up with an apple crisp for Christmas day. But tomorrow, we're have a birthday dinner for the estranged grandson we raised. My daughter brought him to me last Tuesday afternoon, all clean, straight and sober.
Then our out of town kids are coming Sat.

I bought a Chocolate Truffle cake for tomorrow, and a big cheesecake, divided into quarters of different recipes, all with chocolate included.

I be sorry...I be gettin' old. :ermm:

Connie darlin', there's nothing awful about you! I'm sure you are a wonderful cook and baker, but I'm equally sure your home will be just as full of Christmas love and joy minus your home made goodies. Sounds to me like you got a little Christmas miracle Tuesday when your grandson came home. So sit back, eat your delicious Chocolate Truffle cake, and enjoy Christmas with your whole family.

Connie,
it isn't the dessert that counts anyway, it's the smiles and hugs and love you give your grandson and fasmily...relax and be Connie, they will love you just because you are you..Anything else like chocolate is a bonus..Enjoy, Connie, you deserve it.
kadesma:)

Relax enjoy your family.. Not bad at all just getting smart make something later in the year when there is not so much stress Christmas was ment to be enjoyed, not put through a wringer.

Constance, why are you feeling guilty?

Christmas is so much more than someone baking. You raised this child. The dinner is about love, nothing else.

If you need a hug you got it from me.

The ONLY reason you should be sorry is if you eat that Chocolate truffle cake before they get there...and maybe i help u...then you'll be sorry cos i ate it all and left u none ;)

Clean and sober......such music to the hearts and souls of any parent...... My what a celebration you have planned after all the years of heartache.......you're an awesome stepmom to accept him back----the goodies sound wonderful no matter where they come from---acceptance has no price....and I know that it will do wonders for his self-esteem and the healing of hearts.....wishing you much joy!

Connie, Don't worry!! You have your boy! Enjoy the time God has given you with store bakeries and spend it catching up on the huggin and the lovin!! I just saw my nephew for 24 hours , after not seeing him for 4 years. I let everything else go; dishes,laundry, cooking, even DC(!). Don't feel guilty. Hugs from me to you. Dawn T :>)

You are all so kind. Seeing our boy like this, after all the times we saw him eaten up with meth and pills, truly is a Christmas miracle.
He's off the street now, staying with his married cousin, but because of all we went through with him, he had been afraid to come see us. My blessed daughter finally convinced him that we loved and missed him.

The meal tonight will be a rib-eye roast, stuffed with garlic cloves, peppered, and packed in rock salt, then baked until medium rare. We'll have au juice gravy (from a packet), mashed potatoes, fresh broccoli and dinner rolls (Pillsbury's frozen). Then, of course, the chocolate truffle cake for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom